Re: Game wont let me play till it's updated but it is up to date

by saberkittycat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game wont let me play till it's updated but it is up to date

★ Novice

So recently my computer crashed and I had to reinstall the sims 3. The base game and all of my previous expansion packs downloaded no problem. However, when I open up the game I get a message saying "Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Packs. Please update your game via the game launcher."

However, when I go to do just that my game says everything is up to date and thus I cant select the update button. I have refreshed the app many times to no success. I have tried exiting and opening the application many times as well and that does nothing either. 

Has anyone else had this problem? If so please share how you resolved it! Thanks! :-)

Version:

Message 1 of 3 (278 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@saberkittycat  You need to download and install the version 1.67 manual super patch. Once the game is at version 1.67, Origin will patch the game to version 1.69. All new installs (reinstalls to) need to be installed with Origin (since 2012).

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@saberkittycat  You need to download and install the version 1.67 manual super patch. Once the game is at version 1.67, Origin will patch the game to version 1.69. All new installs (reinstalls to) need to be installed with Origin (since 2012).

Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

★ Novice

Ohhh that fixed it! Thanks so much! ^_^

Message 3 of 3 (249 Views)