Can't throw a party in Sims 3

by nataliani99

Original Post

Can't throw a party in Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

My sim went to university and finished the degree. As always, there is this random party being thrown (not by me), but I never went to the party because I was going home to my house in Sunlit Tides and clicked no on the invitation.
When I returned home I realized I wasn't able to throw a party, it said that I can't throw a party if I am already partying.
It has been this way for a very long time now, is there something I can do to fix this problem?
I am just guessing the university party that I never went to ruined it for me, but it might as well be something else. I tried checking for solutions online, but without any results.

Message 1 of 5 (11,515 Views)

Re: Can't throw a party in Sims 3

Hero

Try resetting the sim with resetsim firstname lastname or try to move out and back in via edit town.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (11,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried that but it didn't work

Message 3 of 5 (10,426 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try edit town

1  move the sim out and back in and or edit town

2 save a copy of your sim to the library delete the clipboard image one in the top left then move your sim back in BUT before doing this when you launch your game use the save as new name to keep your original game left alone and as it is and with the save as new name you can see if things go well etc with that latter suggestion 2  though your sim will be starting with new wishes and building up friendships up around the town and uni friends if they go back to uni

Message 4 of 5 (10,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys! I was having the same problem with my people on Sims 3. After my sim got invited to a party and tried to attend, my sim was unable to go for some reason and never went. Ever since then, the option to throw a party via cell phone was grayed out. I think found something that worked after trying everything on other forums.

I saved my sim's game and went to play on the other sim who invited my sim to a party and made him throw a party (it was not grayed out for him luckily) Then after it said the party was a success, I saved it and went back to my original sim game. I checked to see if I was able to throw a party with my original sims after this and yesss it worked!! Hopefully this is a fix for everyone else. Goodluck!!

Message 5 of 5 (7,370 Views)