Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by Segolgolomior

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

i bought it today and i need a cd key to start play and it seem immpossible to get one

Message 221 of 232 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had played this game since in was kid when it released, i ended up needing to rebuy the game later on which i did on steam back in early 2022 because i no longer has access to my previous licenses. i had confirmed the CD key already and had an account actively signed into, and i soon ended up becoming busy with a job i had recently been employed to and uninstalled the game. just reinstalled it and no longer have access to my account in the game or online play so whatever i play is deleted once i log off and it truly sucks that i had rebought everything already once and really wish that there was something else i could do since i no longer have access to the email, because i went through my emails a while back and deleted thousands of un-needed emails, thinking i wouldn't ever need them again. EA back at it with f'ing things up XD

Message 222 of 232 (825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive tried this and submitted the screenshots but they just say they are invalid and ignore my requests for them to specify what is wrong with them. I also cant find any way to open the live chat for spore topics

Message 223 of 232 (787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 224 of 232 (751 Views)

★★ Novice

It's 2024. I contacted EA support and they did give me a copy on EA with the DLCs I purchased, but that doesn't really help as I still can't regeister an account on my Steam copy. I bought the steam copy in May 2023. 

Sure, the whole package is on sale for $7.49 on gog right now, but meh, don't feel like supporting EA again. I can live not playing this game. 

I guess EA just doesn't care. 

Message 225 of 232 (676 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah. I fought for like an hour with the bot, sent it a ton of different variations of the 2 examples in the link it sent, and it still failed to read pixels on a png properly. god, it's infuriating.

Message 226 of 232 (601 Views)

Re: Trouble making a new Spore account (I brought the game on Steam previously)

★ Novice

Nevermind, ignore that. I do not want to make another Spore account and start fresh.

Message 227 of 232 (461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This really just ruined my day, I've wanted to play this game since I was 10 and now that I've finally got it many of the features are unavailable to me? Bruh. I don't know how to access this proof of purchase thing since it was bought as a gift and even then I am never lucky with contacting support of any kind.. This is so stupid.

Message 228 of 232 (257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My GF gifted me spore for my birthday. I contacted the EA support to connect my EA account to Steam, so i can access sporepedia. The EA Support is attended by an AI or by an poor-payed call center in India, they seem to be laughing at you. 

From now on, i'm going to piracy every game from this company, dont even bother to contact the support for this problem, i followed their steps and they "cant help me", they say that they cant proof that i buyed the game. * company, * support.

So dont lose your time at this

Message 229 of 232 (241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did not realize that there was this kind of an issue with Spore when I got the game on Steam. I will do the following steps to see about fixing the issue. Thanks for posting this fix until EA gets their act together about the problem.

Message 230 of 232 (127 Views)