a month ago
is it still like that? my friend would like to set up his spore (steam bought) account this week.
my sporepedia page
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
I just did it guys!
Had the game since 2018 from Steam. Never bored to connect servers before, but because of ModAPI request tryied to login and discovered the issue.
After extensive reading gave a shot to the support help, here: https://help.ea.com/en/help-home/
- Opened a case THROUGHT CHAT, not email.
- Attached the Purchase Proof with the images of my purchase exactly like here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/#steam
*OBS: printed the images with W+Shift+S; the print MUST BE FROM BROWSER. So access Steam from browser, go to
"Account details" under you user drop down (superior right corner) > "Purchase history" ;
Find the Spore purchase.
Print it. The image MUST HAVE LEGIBLE transaction ID, Payment method and date informations. Get all the images ready before starting the Case ticket.
- Briefily explained to the atendent the server issue and the EA decision to not let Steam gave anymore access to Spore game keys to the players and the necessity of having the game at EA for connecting servers. All very calmly and polite.
- With the correct attachments, finaly I got all the 3 spore games at my EA account library in no time.
- With these completed, I did not installed the game from EA. Opened the Steam Spore copy, already installed before all these trouble.
- Then I manage to login and connect servers with no problems anymore.
OBS: login through the 3 fields of "Already have a EA Account? Enter your info here" and right direction button, inferior right corner. Not through the "login" button, right superior corner
Did not tested the Mods through ModAPI yet, but the main problem is resolved. Also don't know if I got the games redeem so easily because of the date of my purchase (nov/2018), but I advise new buyers to try these steps with the EA Help.
Pretty fast and simple to do it, but a lot of hidden information to get it done.