Re: Initilization error at start up [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

by Liriel_N

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Liriel_N 

You went to a windows repair installation successfully, right?

If so, please repair the game inside EA app again > Restart your PC. 
Then look if the registry entries changed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 36 (303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, this is all after I did a repair installation of windows from an .iso based on my system.

Afterwards, I created the new local administrator user, and installed EA and The Sims for that user, and that's where I am currently, following along your instructions.

So now I started the EA app (took ~3 minutes of not reacting until it opened, no idea why).

Repaired The Sims.

Restarted the PC.

Checked the registry again. It looks like both locations have the same entries as before, which are the same, except that the one in the "WOW6432NODE" location has the additional DLC and InstallOptSelect keys.

I attached screenshots.

Message 22 of 36 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Liriel_N 

The game is clearly not installed correctly, so there is something we cannot see that is blocking the correct creation of the registry entries and probably a few other things. 
That remains a problem, regardless of whether what I am suggesting now helps to get the game running.

Once we are here we can at least see if the game is running with the correct registry entries:

Under the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4] node:

Right klick "The Sims 4" > choose "Neu" > Zeichenfolge (name the Zeichenfolge "DisplayName" (without the quotes)
Double click on the new created "DisplayName" Zeichenfolge > Copy and paste "Die Sims™ 4" (without the quotes) into the "Wert" line" > OK.

Right klick "The Sims 4" > choose "Neu" > Zeichenfolge (name the Zeichenfolge "Locale" (without the quotes)
Double click on the new created "Locale" Zeichenfolge > Copy and paste "de_DE" (without the quotes) into the "Wert" line" > OK.

Right klick "The Sims 4" > choose "Neu" > Zeichenfolge (name the Zeichenfolge "Product GUID" (without the quotes)
Double click on the new created "Product GUID" Zeichenfolge > Copy and paste "{48EBEBBF-B9F8-4520-A3CF-89A730721917}" (without the quotes) into the "Wert" line" > OK.

Do the same under the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\The Sims 4] node.

Should look like that except the different game location and the already present entries: (Right click > Open in new tab, for a bigger picture)

Sims4Reg.png

Restart the PC > Look if Windows and Revo now see Sims 4 as installed.

Test the game.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 23 of 36 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I added the keys in the registry (screenshots attached).

I restarted the PC, and indeed it now starts!

Wow! I am surprised, my hopes have not been very high. But that's great Standard smile

Revo and Windows Apps show the same as before:

- Revo doesn't show Sims (by any name, with 'the' or 'die' etc.) at all

- Windows Apps shows it with icon, but without any name

I haven't properly tested Sims yet, I just verified that it starts. I would need to install it under my main windows account, copy back the profile with the saves, etc.

Do you recommend that I do anything to fix the underlying problem that you suspect? Or am I good to go?

(As far as I can tell, I have not had any other problems with my PC and registry entries, and virus scans with Malwarebytes have come back pretty unsuspicious...)

Thank you for all your efforts!

Message 24 of 36 (259 Views)

@Liriel_N wrote:

I added the keys in the registry (screenshots attached).

I restarted the PC, and indeed it now starts!

Wow! I am surprised, my hopes have not been very high. But that's great Standard smile

That is good to hear. Thumbs up

@Liriel_N wrote:

I haven't properly tested Sims yet, I just verified that it starts. I would need to install it under my main windows account, copy back the profile with the saves, etc.

Do you recommend that I do anything to fix the underlying problem that you suspect? Or am I good to go?

And that is a very good question. Wink
I like to talk about that with @puzzlezaddict first, and it is the middle of the night for her. 

If you not already tested the game toughly you should certainly do so.
You will hear from one of us in a few hours.

Message 25 of 36 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried it some more, and it seems like everything works as it should!

Thank you so much!

Message 26 of 36 (195 Views)

@Liriel_N 

OK, that sounds good. 👍

If you like, we can try to find the culprit that caused the problem in the first place.
But we can't promise that we will be able to, or that it will be of much benefit.

On the other hand, it is clear that there is a problem in your system.
So this is your decision.

Message 27 of 36 (173 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You (both) have already spend a lot of time helping me, so I can't really ask for you to do more. But if you are up for it, and want to find out more, I would also be curious what we can find out!

Message 28 of 36 (157 Views)

@Liriel_N  I'm still interested, and I'm pretty sure Holger1405 is too.  So please post a new dxdiag.  Please also list the antivirus you originally had, the one you removed when troubleshooting.  And let me know whether you're using any other security software at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 36 (146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I attached the new dxdiag.

The antivirus finding that malwarebytes had was PUP.Optional.OffersOlymp, aka a spam firefox extension trying to push some online shopping ads. I think it was not activated or didn't work "correctly", as I never saw any ad (I use adblockers) and didn't notice that the unwanted extension was even there.

Message 30 of 36 (132 Views)