fix your s h ! t

by ChriscoHampers

Original Post

fix your s h ! t

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Everyone's being hijacked by Russians left right and center, scroll through your forums, someone is in your system.

My account was hacked and since Australia has a lovely support system, I can't get my account back until Monday, useless "immediate support"

They change your email, password, originid and security questions, which is great, you can recover your username and password with automated systems, but security question? nope. need some great "immediate support" from ea to get that back, which of course stops you from changing your user id and implementing two factor authentication.

How am I supposed to fix this? Wait until Monday with your Monday-Friday useless call support? (by the way, your site says Monday-Saturday, but your blog posts say Monday-Friday - call up and no answer on a Saturday, so your site needs updating too)

Oh, and of course my origin id included with this post is the hacked one because I can't change it. Loving EA right now....

Message 1 of 5 (419 Views)

Re: fix your s h ! t

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also, before you pin the blame on the users "oh just another idiot user who got hacked with a simple password"

This is a fresh install of windows 10, downloaded origin and made a NEW account, bought star wars battle front. That's it, no other software on this pc or any internet browsing. My password (difficult one to guess mind you - randomly generated 20character string) and the security question answer was 4 unique words, also not easy to change.

My security question was changed to something in Russian so I can't even change my id or any personal details. At least you have some automated system (10x better than your customer support) which was able to revert my email back to mine and not the hackers.

As i've seen today, you get about 1 person per hour with the exact same issue. Try putting two and two together to get that someone is in your system.

You're a fairly big company, spend some more on security or better customer support.

Message 2 of 5 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try contacting US support ? They should be 24/7 live chat there.

Just set your country to US and try live chat there.

I've also removed your picture cause it was showing too much personal information.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Been sitting on U.S. live chat since I posted this. Also tried live chat on a different pc constantly refreshing every hour (didnt refresh on first pc) no luck.

Also, the only personal information in that screenshot was the hackers which i can't change because the security question has been changed.

Only possible way of accessing this account was by a keylogger (which is impossible as this is a fresh install of windows 10 - only origin installed and made the account on the same pc) or internal to EA. Highly likely the latter, especially considering there is roughly a post per hour on this exact same issue. The lack of customer support is extremely frustrating.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, I am currently on my phone

Message 4 of 5 (347 Views)

★★ Novice

It's nice to see official EA people replying to this thread with what I should be doing considering EA support in Australia is useless.

I pay for my games and just want me account back to a secure standard before I play on it again.

Message 5 of 5 (311 Views)