Re: my game keeps telling me there is a bug then crashes but doesn't save anythi

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

my game keeps telling me there is a bug then crashes but doesn't save anything

★★★ Newbie

so, i play the sims 3 for about 20 minutes then the screen goes blank and then some message pops up saying this; 'Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x772f4a46.
Do you wish to debug it ?'

I have pressed both yes and no many times but it doesn't seem to do anything but quit my game without saving! its getting really annoying now and i love this game but if this carries on i won't be buying any expansions or playing it at all! 

Message 1 of 5 (461 Views)

Re: my game keeps telling me there is a bug then crashes but doesn't save anythi

EA Staff

@abibateman123 Could you please move the 'Mods' folder from Documents to your desktop and then check if the same issue occurs?

If it does, please let us know if you are on Mac or PC and if you use Origin?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 5 (456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i cant find the mods folder in the documents.. and i use a mac, i have made an account for the origin

Message 3 of 5 (449 Views)

Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

@abibateman123

Your Mods folder is in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.

The debug error is most commonly down to lack of memory as the game can only access up to 2Gb RAM, no matter how much RAM you have installed in your Mac. Try purging frequently during gameplay - https://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (429 Views)