can you help me? my game is crashing when i load a town

by Ayyynna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can you help me? my game is crashing when i load a town

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

can you help me? my game is crashing when i load a town (since i have no saves yet because i just redownloaded it a) i checked all my cc, fine and in perfect spots, i can see them fine and download them in the launcher. i deleted cache and moved to desktop and even renamed it to get a different folder. nothing :=o

could you help? i got a new pc from my dad and im only [Removed - Admin. Please do not post personal information on a public forum] so yeah i got the sims 3 and i have 1 tb space left it is fine on sims 2 and 4...... do you know whats going on? i even checked on sims 3 dashboard and did the 50/50

Message 1 of 8 (574 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can you help me? my game is crashing when i load a town

[ Edited ]

@Ayyynna  Okay, so you've renamed the Sims 3 folder in Documents and let the game generate a new one?  Did you add anything to this new folder, like mods or cc, before you tried to start a new save?  If you did, please try another new folder, and this time don't add anything at all.  Let me know whether it works.

If it doesn't, please make sure that OneDrive is not syncing the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  You can just stop OneDrive from syncing Documents, and if you need to, you can upload files manually instead.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  It gathers general info about your computer, like basic hardware, drivers, and Windows error reports, but nothing identifying about you or your system.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (554 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

nraas doesnt work either a

Message 2 of 8 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ayyynna  Okay, so you've renamed the Sims 3 folder in Documents and let the game generate a new one?  Did you add anything to this new folder, like mods or cc, before you tried to start a new save?  If you did, please try another new folder, and this time don't add anything at all.  Let me know whether it works.

If it doesn't, please make sure that OneDrive is not syncing the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  You can just stop OneDrive from syncing Documents, and if you need to, you can upload files manually instead.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  It gathers general info about your computer, like basic hardware, drivers, and Windows error reports, but nothing identifying about you or your system.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 3 of 8 (555 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict it works when I re did it without mods. but I also had low graphics on. ill re try again without mods and this time I will add higher graphics. thank you.
Message 4 of 8 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict ok it worked after that now trying with my mods then ill do my downloads
Message 5 of 8 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict omg it was definetly my mods I put in packages, I didn't check those ones! thanks, ill come back to see if I fixed it then.
Message 6 of 8 (541 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ayyynna it fixed thanks
Message 7 of 8 (509 Views)

@Ayyynna  Great to hear, and thanks for the update.

Message 8 of 8 (489 Views)