Re: Updating Sims 3

by Pauliii132000

Original Post

Updating Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I've installed Sims 3 starter pack (with high loft and late night)  through origin. The launcher says that i need to update sims 3. The update is called TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe    I try updating it and the instalation of the patch gets to 100% but then a box appears which says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...4\{ CP_Guest_1252(4)_ver2 }\TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe

abnormal program termination

When I open launcher after this updating a message comes up saying : can't connect with EA Download Manager

I tried installing the update manually. I manage to install the update onto my computer, but when i try to run the patch a box appears saying:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...ator\My Documents\Downloads\TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe

abnormal program termination

Please help. The game works but i can't save achievements or post memories because i can't log in inside the game without an update. I can't install any objects from store or exchange either because i need the update. Please help and reply ASAP

Thank you

Message 1 of 5 (303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Pauliii132000 I'm not really sure what to suggest. Someone said that clearing cache files helped. 

Message 2 of 5 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@SandArcher Thanks for replying Standard smile I've just tried clearing cache files and then installing the update but the same message came up 

Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have tried everything that you have suggested, but nothing helped. Thanks for your help and time. I had to write to Origin reporting a problem with the update. Half an hour later i tried updating again and it worked Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)