The sims 3 origin glitched

by danibrianne0629

Original Post

The sims 3 origin glitched

★★ Novice

I just bought a few days ago, ALL of the sims 3 expansions/add on's/base game on steam. I downloaded them all on origin after connecting them to my sims 3/EA account. When I try opening the application itself it opens just fine, until I press play, it reopens origin, I hit play on origin, then it opens the sims 3 game, again I hit play it goes back to origin over and over. I see after reading through some posts that this is a common problem. Has there been an actual solution that has really worked yet? 

So far I have deleted and reinstalled twice. I have turned my internet off and went offline as I saw one post suggest. I tried opening the game through steam originally and it did the same this. I press play, it opened steam and I pressed play there but it kept repeating the same problem. I hope puzzlez addict sees this and can help me because they seem to help people who have this problem.

I am 38 weeks pregnant and bored, I really wanted to play this game again and I was so excited. Please help Frown

Message 1 of 7 (619 Views)

Re: The sims 3 origin glitched

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  can you help me plz

Message 2 of 7 (613 Views)

@danibrianne0629  If your computer has a 12th-gen Intel processor, that's the issue: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these CPUs.  The workaround is to limit the game to one core while it's loading.  You can accomplish this with a patch Lazy Duchess made:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or you can try one of the other approaches discussed in that same thread starting on page five.

If your computer has a different processor, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, my pc is 12 gen. I downloaded the patch that lazy Dutchess posted, and it still didn't work. I have also since posting this, downloaded both dx9 and the one that has June in its name. It also didn't work. I will attach my dxdiag. Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed early. Thank you so much for helping me. I tried playing on my laptop (it worked) but the screen was so small it made it unbearable.

I also spoke with ea and they just directed me to speak to you/follow the steps on a thread you were commenting on.

@puzzlezaddict 

Message 4 of 7 (511 Views)

@danibrianne0629  Your dxdiag shows you definitely still have the error associated with 12th-gen processors.  Did you apply the patch to TS3.exe as opposed to TS3W.exe?  The one with the W is only involved in Steam and disc installs, not Origin installs.  And your dxdiag shows that the patch .exe crashed once, so if you're not sure it ran properly at any point, please try running it again.

If that doesn't work, you can try the method of limiting the game to one CPU core through the Task Manager, as described towards the end of the same thread.  The disadvantage is that you'd need to do so each time you launched the game, but it should get around the problem.

By the way, you'll get much better performance in-game if you connect your monitor directly to your graphics card.  You'd need a cord or adapter for mini-Display Port, but those are pretty cheap.  As it stands now, the integrated graphics chip will be doing the rendering for Sims 3.

Message 5 of 7 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish I understood half of what you said. I know nothing about computers. It sounds like if I corrected the problem, I would have to recorrect it everytime I want to launch the game? is that correct? 

Message 6 of 7 (474 Views)

@danibrianne0629  Yes, you'd have to go through the process each time, which is why I start by recommending the patch, since it's a one-time fix.  For the Task Manager approach, someone made a video:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

If you want to skip the talking, start at the 5:30 mark.

Message 7 of 7 (465 Views)