Re: The Sims 3 code is invalid!!!!

by MLadyD7

Original Post

The Sims 3 code is invalid!!!!

★★★ Newbie
I recently purchased Sims 3 starter pack and cannot install it! It is saying the code for The Sims is invalid and I've repeatedly put in the code correctly. I've registered to Origin and Sims.com thing but it still isn't working!!can someone HELP!! I'm extremely frustrated, I love the game but I am willing to return to sender if they are selling used codes.
Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 code is invalid!!!!

Hero (Retired)

1st make sure you are logged into the account for which the game was registered.

"invalid" means the code format is wrong. Should be 5 sets of 4 alphanumeric codes seperated by spaces, try without spacing. Can also happen if you're trying to redeem a box set game code on a digital code entry system (Origin site)

Whereas,

"used" means the code is already registered to an Origin account (digital download)

Usually games that are bought via Origin will be redeemed on your account automatically after purchase. Although you will receive a mail with the product code, this code is most likely already tied to your account. So, if you are told that the code has already been used, please check your My Games tab first and if the game is not shown there, then please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us for further assistance.

Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)