Re: Sims can't interact

by xpbugxp

Original Post

Sims can't interact

★★★ Newbie

Today, I tried to send two of my family members to China in WA. One of them has been to China before, but the other one hasn't. They are both adults, and they are married. At first when they arrived, there was no sims to select on the left hand side. It was like I had chosen to edit the town, but time was still moving, so it wasn't build or buy mode. I have never had this problem before.

Then, I switched to edit town mode and switched back to my home neighborhood. When I got there, I switched back to China, and my sims reappeared and seemed functional. However, from the very beginning, my Sims could not interact with each other, but could still interact with objects around them. Then, I had them visit different places around town, and again, they could interact with objects but not with the people around them. Then I had to exit the game, so I chose "save and quit."

When I went to load the game the next time, both of my sims were frozen, and on the left side, where there is normally the faces of the sims, there were only green boxes. I could no longer interact with objects, so I couldn't even return home. When I tried to interact with other sims, no options came up, same problem as before. Now my sims are stuck in China, not being able to do anything, and I can't move them out back home because it won't let me do that when the family is on vacation. Resetting my sims doesn't work, and I am very frustrated because this is a family i have been playing on for a very long time.

Please help me fix this. I don't want to lose this family.

Message 1 of 2 (1,326 Views)

Re: Sims can't interact

★★★ Newbie

Okay, just got done with a 2 hour session with EA support.  The fix that eventually worked for me was to rename the save file to .sims3.backup and the backup to .sims3

Go to Documents, Electronic Arts, Sims 3, Saves and from there rename the files of the family.

Support also asked me to clear cache and resetSim before switching to the backup.  When you switch to the backup there will most likely be a slight time difference, FYI.

Message 2 of 2 (1,295 Views)