Sims 3 pets I don't have strays animals !

by _Sophouille_

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 pets I don't have strays animals !

★★★★★ Newbie

omygod everything works and happens exactly how you described xD

Now i have to fix the little issue of high FPS, it increased a little bit (250 to 400, lol), i downloaded Nvidia inspector, what have I to do, exactly ? put V-sync "on" ?

Message 11 of 14 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]

@_Sophouille_ I'm so glad that the .sgr edits worked.  For me, the improvement in graphics was subtle but often noticeable, especially when I looked at the water.  Hopefully it will help with the stray animal issue as well, although it's a good idea to test a new save just to be sure.

You should also delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted anyway, but especially when you're playing a different save, or when you change something else about how the game is running, like adding mods or getting your card recognized.  The files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simcompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

For Inspector, you need to set vsync to Force On and also explicitly cap your fps at 120.  I can't do better than the screenshots in the earlier link (Inspector is under the second spoiler) because I have an AMD card.  But the player who wrote that guide knows her stuff, so I'd trust her instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (331 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you man, i'm going to play a bit... let's see if strays animals will spawn now !

Thousand thanks for you, and now my game is below 120fps, it seems a bit more normal... But if it doesn't work there are nothing else to do ?

Message 13 of 14 (323 Views)

@_Sophouille_  Even if you don't see strays right away, the fps cap and the .sgr edits may have helped; it might take a few sim-days to see a difference.  That's why I suggested testing in a new save—you'll be able to see the results right away, without the world needing to reset itself.

But even if it doesn't work, there is one more thing you can try.  Specifically, there are mods that control the stray population, as I mentioned before.  They're normally used to keep thingsunder control, but I expect you could increase the numbers if that's what you wanted.  I know you don't use mods, and if you'd like to continue not using them, that's totally understandable.  But I could also recommend a few, as well as show you how to install them, if you decided you were interested.

Anyway, it's something to think about, but of course the first thing to do is to delete your cache files and play for a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (319 Views)