Sims 3 graphics

by Aleks_Darie

Original Post

Sims 3 graphics

★★★★ Novice

I have recently reinstalled Sims 3 on my laptop, but this time the graphics were so strange, trees’ leaves are squares, some builds are black, the game is so slow. Before this I had sims 3 on my pc too but it worked very good. Can anyone help me

Message 1 of 6 (472 Views)

Re: Sims 3 graphics

@Aleks_Darie  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also post the first 40 or so lines of deviceconfig.log, inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.  (You can stop when you get to the "Options" section.)  This will show how the game is using and rating your hardware.  You can delete your user and computer names, about 20 lines down, if you want, but the file doesn't contain any other identifying information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here I attach the lines of deviceconfig.log.

=== Application info ===
Name:            Sims3
Version:         
Build:           Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1497 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 1596 RAM: 11226 Adjusted RAM: 10714 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version:      Windows 8  6.2.9200 
OS prod type:    0
OS major ver:    6
OS minor ver:    2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU:             AuthenticAMD
    Brand:       AMD E1-7010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics    
    Family:      15
    Model:       0
    Cores:       2
    HT:          0
    x64:         0
Memory:          11226MB
Free memory:     8627MB
User:            ....
Computer:        DESKTOP-8SODUEO
=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics
Name (database): AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor:          ATI
Chipset:         Vendor: 1002, Device: 9853, Board: 108a1025, Chipset: 0040
Driver:          aticfx32.dll, Version: 27.20.14527.2002, GUID: D7B71EE2-DB13-11CF-4774-3508FBC2D635
Driver version:  2002
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory:  32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    1
Message 3 of 6 (432 Views)

@Aleks_Darie  Your laptop's hardware isn't really strong enough to run Sims 3 very well, particularly if you have the most demanding packs (Pets, Seasons, then Isla Paradiso and Into the Future) installed.  That doesn't mean you can't play, only that performance may be far less than ideal.

Having said that, there are some steps you can take that may help.  First, within the graphics settings, try setting high-detail lots to 1 or 2.  This keeps the game from trying to render a number of lots, and all the objects on them, at the same time.

If that doesn't help, try turning down the in-game resolution a bit and playing in windowed mode.

If that doesn't help either, try turning down all the graphics options to medium, or low if they're already at medium.  You'll need to make the changes at the Main Menu, then quit to desktop before loading a save, or you may see some strange graphics glitches.  I'm not saying you necessarily need to play with low or medium settings, just that it's helpful to see whether they make a difference.  Let me know either way.

Message 4 of 6 (428 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried everything but it's the same. I attached some pics.

1.png2.png3.png

Message 5 of 6 (405 Views)

@Aleks_Darie  Try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything yet; just see how a new save looks in Sunset Valley.  You'll need to change the graphics settings, since the file that stores those settings is located in the folder you'll be moving.

If that doesn't help, you can try running a tool to get your graphics card recognized.  I believe it includes additional changes for AMD cards, but I haven't tried it myself.  A couple other users have said it helped with missing shadows and other graphics glitches though.  The utility is called "The Sims 3 GPU Add-on Support" and is hosted at NexusMods.  I can't link it because this kind of link isn't allowed on this site.

If you do run the utility, delete options.ini (in the same Sims 3 folder) afterwards, to reset the graphics settings to their new defaults.

Message 6 of 6 (379 Views)