Sims 3: expansion pack lots not added when moving to new town.

by FreeCake4All

Original Post

Sims 3: expansion pack lots not added when moving to new town.

★★ Novice

So, I've been playing two difference households in Sims 3. In both, I have tried moving to another town. Now, the process of moving itself happens just fine, no problem. But, in both cases, I've noticed that in the towns that I start out in, lots from other expansion packs (alchemy shop, karaoke place, etc) are added to the town automatically. However, when I move the household to a new town, I've noticed that lots from any expansion pack other than the one that town is from aren't added. I know I could add them manually, but it's kind of a pain. Is this normal, or is it some kind of bug? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (820 Views)

Re: Sims 3: expansion pack lots not added when moving to new town.

@FreeCake4All  I've never moved a family to a new town using the cell phone option, so I can't say for sure.  But I avoid this particular process specifically because it tends to preserve more data from the existing town than I would necessarily want to keep.  (Best practice with a vanilla game is to save the sims to the bin, save the house separately if you want to keep it, and then start a new game and move in the family through the game setup menu.  This clears much of the corruption from the old town, as well as other unnecessary data, and helps keep the game's RAM use down.)  So since the process to load a new neighborhood  through "move to a new town" is different than the one that happens when starting a new game, the lack of extra venues could be entirely normal.

You could experiment with moving other families in new saves if you'd like, but I'm not sure that you'd see different results.  And placing new venues takes extra RAM, which is exactly what you don't want while you're trying to load a new town in-game.  The game would have enough going on without having to meet the additional demand of placing all those extra lots.  Besides, if you have all or most of the EPs in play, there would be far too many venues to place in one town.  I think there are close to a hundred EA-made ones, and you might have downloaded even more.  So it seems like it would be more convenient to choose the dozen or so that you'd want in your new town without having to go around bulldozing the rest.

I want to say again, though, that the best way to protect your ongoing game is to save your sims to the bin and place them in a fresh save.  If corruption follows them from the old world, you might not be able to get rid of it, and the save could become unplayable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (806 Views)

Re: Sims 3: expansion pack lots not added when moving to new town.

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictAlright, I'll try that. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (794 Views)