Sims 3 Refuses to Successfully Download

by CatKnights23

Original Post

Sims 3 Refuses to Successfully Download

★★★ Newbie

I got Sims 3 starter pack years ago as a present from my parents (got in disk form) and used the codes on a different computer. I don't use that computer anymore and I forgot the origin account information and email address I used for that account. Years later, I decided to replay Sims 3 on my new Windows 10 Computer, created a new Origin account, inputted the code, and it said code already in use. Is there a way I can get a new code since I already have the physical game purchased years ago? Or what else can I do about this situation?

Message 1 of 3 (326 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Refuses to Successfully Download

★★★ Newbie

Nevermind, I tried talking to someone on Tech Support, and they were unable to help me with this issue. I needed to recall some details off my old Origin account, which I was unable to get all the information for, and so I guess I wouldn't be able to play it now unless I rebought it again online.

Message 2 of 3 (312 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Refuses to Successfully Download

@CatKnights23  If the base game disc was manufactured prior to September 2012 (check the copyright date on the back, in the fine print), you could install it and your packs without Origin.  But the newer ones require Origin to manage the install, and there's unfortunately no way to add the game to your current Origin account.  Sorry.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (293 Views)