Re: Sims 3 .NET Framework error Windows 10

by MsPrissySim

Original Post

Sims 3 .NET Framework error Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm trying to get the Sims 3 running on my niece's laptop, but when I click it I get an error message 0x800F081F.  She has an HP laptop with Windows 10.  I've tried downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 but I get another error message saying the software already exists in the computer.  What am I doing wrong?

Edit: The error message after attempting to install .NET Framework 3.5 says the computer already has .NET Framework 4 installed so 3.5 can't be.  How do I get the Sims to run?

Message 1 of 7 (9,868 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Madokami14 In Windows go to control panel - programs and features - turns windows features on or off - click the box for .net framework 3.5 - ok - reboot. for some reason TS3 needs .net framework 3.5 and a clean install of Windows 10 does not turn on .net framework 3.5

Message 2 of 7 (9,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have already tried enabling the feature but every time I reboot the computer to enable the feature, the feature keeps un-enabling itself.

What do I do if this occurs?

Message 3 of 7 (8,157 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@swedishlemons123  Did you download the .net framework installer from Microsoft? You have to use the included .net framework 3.5 that is in the control panel for windows 10. If you downloaded a different version it will not work. First guess is the right .net framework installer is sensing something is already installed. Does any .net framework programs appear in the list of installed programs?

Message 4 of 7 (8,152 Views)

★ Novice

I got this error as well and I fixed it by going to Windows Services. I had the "Windows Update" service disabled, so I right clicked and pressed Properties and changed it to manual. And when I ran Sims again it let me install .NET Framework just fine. Then I disabled Windows Update again and it still ran.

Message 5 of 7 (4,917 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@qtcurls2 Windows 10 install package comes with .net framework. You have to enable it in Windows features. After it is enabled the Windows update service will (should) keep it up to date. 

Message 6 of 7 (4,879 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi. Could you explain what you did a little more "in depth"? I'm trying to understand what you meant by "Windows Services" and "Windows Update".

Thanks

Message 7 of 7 (2,023 Views)