Problem with Disc Authorization Failure

★ Novice

Hello

I buy sims 3

My laptop is MacBook

sofware OS X 10.8.4 

now I have problem

when I play and get to the part to pick a town this massage come :

( Disc Authorization Failure We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3

Please contact customer services )

='(

what is the solutions ? 

Message 1 of 5 (539 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with Disc Authorization Failure

★★★★ Pro

Customer Service cannot help you with that.  They'll give you suggestions, but none will work.  There is no real "fix."  The closest thing is a work-around through Origin. 

You can uninstall your last EP/SP (whichever disc you use to play) and install it from Origin.  As long as your game(s) is registered on Origin, you can download the client and you can digitally download your game (for free!).  Then the game won't ask for a disc anymore.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (527 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

Customer Service cannot help you with that.  They'll give you suggestions, but none will work.  There is no real "fix."  The closest thing is a work-around through Origin. 

You can uninstall your last EP/SP (whichever disc you use to play) and install it from Origin.  As long as your game(s) is registered on Origin, you can download the client and you can digitally download your game (for free!).  Then the game won't ask for a disc anymore.  

Message 2 of 5 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 3 of 5 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

you posted in a solved thread a year old thread we here are not EA we are users just like you and try to help each other out

there is a filter in place for whatever words you used when  use the forum you also agreed to the ToS (terms of service) of which the censored words will be censored

1.Swearing and Vulgarity - Posts containing or linking to profanity, obscenity, insults, personal attacks, accusations or abusive language will be deleted or censored. Continued disregard for this rule will result in a permanent ban.

i do understand your anger/frustation about what is bothering you if you would like help on whatever your issue is please open a new thread try to describe what is happening what your OS is

edit to add if you wish to contact CS reps directly

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 5 of 5 (320 Views)