Origin Doesn't Recognize Sims 3

by HarryJamez

Original Post

Origin Doesn't Recognize Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I haven't played the Sims 3 in almost three years. I decided to put the disc in my new computer and it downloaded Origin and asked me for my code. It went on to say I've already redeemed it (which is true, I redeemed it on an old family Mac.) However, nothing shows up in my "Games" tab and it doesn't seem to recognize I ever had Sims 3. Does anyone know what to do?

Message 1 of 2 (196 Views)

Re: Origin Doesn't Recognize Sims 3

@HarryJamez  Are you sure you're using the same EA/Origin account in which you redeemed the code?  Each code can only be linked to one account.  If you bought the disc used, the original owner might have registered it, in which case you'd have to buy the game again.

Just to be sure this isn't an Origin problem, try logging in at the Sims 3 store (https://store.thesims3.com/).  If you ever downloaded anything from there, you'd have needed to register the game first, and it would show up (along with any packs you registered) on the left side of your "My Page."

If you can't figure out which account that would be, the only way to fix it is to contact EA customer support.  Someone on that end can look up the code and try to figure out where it went.  As long as you're the original owner, you should be able to get TS3 added to your account, or perhaps get a new code.  When you contact EA, make sure to have on hand any proof of purchase you can think of, like receipts, or photos of the disc, case, insert, etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (180 Views)