Mods will not work

by elleb3lle

Original Post

Mods will not work

★ Novice

I made a similar post on TS3 Reddit but it got taken down because there's already a post about downloading mods, but I really believe that I'm doing everything correctly. So I have had mods before, but I recently got back into playing and deleted my mods folder to start fresh. When I got the new one and tested it with the nointro.package mod, it didn't work. I tried it with some other mods and they didn't work. Here are my steps so you can check if I'm doing anything wrong:

My steps for downloading mods:

1. Go to folder, Documents>>>EA>>>Sims 3

2. Install mods folder WITH the Resource.cfg file and a package + overrides folder

3. Download mods (only nointro.package to test) with .package name... put in package folder

4. Delete scripCache.package to make sure everything works

5. It doesn't work

Things to know: game is totally up to date, I'm using the correct folder because the DeviceConfig file is there and the dates are consistent, and I even completely uninstalled the game and deleted the folder for a brand new one to try again and it still doesn't work.

I'm honestly so stumped! I've played with mods on this exact device so I'm really confused.

Message 1 of 6 (217 Views)

Re: Mods will not work

@elleb3lle  Thanks for all the info.  One question I have though is what version you see in the lower-left corner of the Sims 3 launcher.  Please list it, and also let me know what kind of install this is: EA App, disc, Steam, something else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (205 Views)

★ Novice

On the launcher it says 1.67.2.024037 and I'm playing on Steam with a couple of packs.

Message 3 of 6 (192 Views)

@elleb3lle  A Steam install should work just fine with mods, as you already know.  I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of the Mods Framework, from Mod the Sims, and using the provided folders rather than your own, just in case there's something wrong with the folders you've created.

If that doesn't help, please let me know whether this Sims 3 folder is inside OneDrive or not.  You can right-click the folder and select Properties > General, then look for the Location.  Either OneDrive is in the file path or it's not.  Please also let me know whether there's a Sims 3 folder inside the other Documents folder, whichever one of these you haven't been using:

C:\Users\your username\Documents

C:\Users\your username\OneDrive\Documents

It doesn't look from your screenshots that this is the problem, and as you've noted, DeviceConfig has the right date, but sometimes OneDrive muddles things for no apparent reason.  And you've already done the basic troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 6 (170 Views)

★ Novice

Onedrive is not in the file path and I reinstalled the mod folder from a youtube tutorial to make sure everything was all good and it still doesn't work.. kinda stumped

Message 5 of 6 (165 Views)

@elleb3lle  Please use the folder you can download from the link I provided.  It eliminates another possible source of error since we know this folder works.  Use Firefox, not Chrome, to download it.

Message 6 of 6 (161 Views)