Re: [MAC] Unknown error in The Sims 3

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[MAC] Unknown error in The Sims 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently made an origin account and bought The Sims 3 starter pack. I followed the steps and downloaded and installed it. Right when I tried to play it, a message keeps popping up saying Unknown error code. I restarted my computer and tried again and even tried signing out of my origin account. The same message kept popping up. I googled the code and other people have had the same problem as me, so I followed their steps in manually uninstalling the game and uninstalling origin. After this long process and reinstalling both the game and origin, I tried the game again. It went farther this time because it actually made it to the Sims 3 launch screen but wouldn't actually let me play it. I tried restarting my computer again and opened the game again to the same Unknown error message. I don't know where to go from here. I'm upset I can't play a game I paid 20$ for and would appreciate any help. Also forgot to mention I have a macbook pro that I also recently updated too, if that's any help.

Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

Re: [MAC] Unknown error in The Sims 3

@simoned01

What Mac do you have? Sims 3 is not compatible on newer Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)