Re: [MAC] Sims 3 Won't Launch Please Help!

by yenial

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 Won't Launch Please Help!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When trying to launch sims 3 on my MAC Book Pro (which I've done a long time ) I get this error message. It says:

Exception Raised 

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000014 at address 0x1028700b 

Do you wish to debug it?

Also, it lets me go into the game and onto the Main Menu and click on my family I want to play but right when it's at the end of loading the game it shuts down and I get another error message and it says:

Exception Raised

Unhandled expectation 0x80000003 at address 0x0058d546

Do you wish to debug it?

If I click yes or no and either messages nothing happens, and if I try launching the game I get the messages again. What should I do? I need your help please ASAP

Thank You  Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (816 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 Won't Launch Please Help!

★★ Apprentice

Hey there,

I have some steps that you can try:

1. Run the game under low graphics. You can change the settings if you can have The Sims 3 launched.

2. Delete all the cache files. Some files may be corrputed and deleting them will force the game re-create them. A link to tell you how to do that is here: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-clear-your-cache-for-the-sims-3-on-a-mac

3. Try playing the game in windowed mode. In your Mac, /Users/<username>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ 

Double-click the options.ini file to open it in Notepad (Win) or TextEdit (OSX), and locate the following line. Edit it according to the values stated below, then save the file and exit the text editor application. 

fullscreen = 0
  • Value "0" means windowed mode
  • Value "1" means fullscreen mode

4. Do you have any mods or custom content installed? If yes, some may be out-of-date and may be conflicting with the game. Try deleting the mods or moving them out of your Mods folder to your desktop temporarily and then run the game. If your game runs properly, then there is definitely something wrong with the mods.

I hope any of these works.

Good luck and tell me if your issue is resolved or have any questions.

Message 2 of 2 (783 Views)