Re: How on earth am I meant to play Sims 3 without the internet?

by BGH22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How on earth am I meant to play Sims 3 without the internet?

★★★ Newbie

My PC doesnt have internet on it yet and it won't let me download the game without logging into Origin. Is there a way I can play the game by just using the disc and not have to sign in to anything?

Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Pro

Your better off with the download versions instead of Disc. Discs sometimes have issue conflicting with origin. You can only play off line with disc without needing origin if you own discs issued prior to 2012. Also with the new disc that require origin ,you are limited to using the disc on one computer only at a time. With download you can put the game on as many computers as you want.  You have to log into origin download the games, set origin as off line and then you can play off line. Can you go to a friends house or hotspot and use the internet to download that way?

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Your better off with the download versions instead of Disc. Discs sometimes have issue conflicting with origin. You can only play off line with disc without needing origin if you own discs issued prior to 2012. Also with the new disc that require origin ,you are limited to using the disc on one computer only at a time. With download you can put the game on as many computers as you want.  You have to log into origin download the games, set origin as off line and then you can play off line. Can you go to a friends house or hotspot and use the internet to download that way?

Message 2 of 4 (209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

★★★ Pro

Your welcome and PS you need to download origin client if you havent. Open origin client at desktop and that is where you download your game from and can set origin off line.

This is for PC but if you need Mac scroll down to the mac link https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)