How do I get my Sims 3 games I have registered on the Sims site to Origin?

by BrownLightning96

Original Post

How do I get my Sims 3 games I have registered on the Sims site to Origin?

★ Novice

I have registered all of my games over on the Sims site, but I did them all at once, and only a few popped up on Origin. Not only that, the 2 of the expansions are not wanting to download. Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (1,269 Views)

Re: How do I get my Sims 3 games I have registered on the Sims site to Origin?

@BrownLightning96  All of the packs that you registered on the Sims 3 site should appear in your Origin library.  (The exception is standalone worlds, which Origin doesn't acknowledge and which still need to be downloaded from the Sims 3 Store.)  If you're missing expansion or stuff packs, is it possible you had two different accounts on the Sims 3 site?  You'd need to contact EA customer support to sort that out.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

There are a few ways to force packs to download from Origin.  First though, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and try clicking the download button again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, turn on automatic game updates in Origin.  Hover over your username and select Application Settings; under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and allow Origin to automatically keep your games up to date.  Then quit, restart your computer, and sign into Origin again.  The downloads should start automatically, perhaps after a few seconds.

If this doesn't help, please list which packs are missing and which ones won't download.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (1,239 Views)

★ Novice

https://gyazo.com/0ed43983716d5f47f63725d09c1141f9

so i guess the other ones had already downloaded, i just thought they would show up in the library. 2 of my expansions still do not want to seem to download. it shows that i have the games, but doesnt show that they are downloaded. even after following the steps to clear my cache, they dont want to install.

Message 3 of 8 (1,221 Views)

@BrownLightning96  Are the program files for those two packs getting installed?  Go into the program files for the game, wherever you've chosen to install it; by default, the path will be:

Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3

Inside, there should be a folder for each pack you have installed, labeled EP or SP plus a number that corresponds to the release order of the packs.  Pets is EP05; Seasons is EP08.  Let me know if the files are there.

Please also look in your computer's registry for entries related to the packs.  Don't delete anything unless you're confident you know what you're doing—removing the wrong registry entry can prevent your computer from working properly.  Just see whether there are any entries for Pets or Seasons.  You can see where to look under the manual uninstall instructions here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

The instructions are a bit dated, but at least some of the entries are in the same place.  If you ever installed via disc on this computer, look for disc entries too.

Message 4 of 8 (1,208 Views)

★ Novice

For some reason in the Origin Games folder, there is nothing in there. I appreciate your help with all of this. Its just really pissing me off that I installed those two packs at the same time as i did the other ones. Would me having the other ones installed on my computer before downloading them to Origin have something to do with it?

Message 5 of 8 (1,187 Views)

@BrownLightning96  Are you saying you installed via disc?  If so, then yes, that could have something to do with it—at the very least, the default location for a disc install is different than for Origin.  But please let me know exactly what you've installed, and when, and how; and whether you uninstalled the other packs previously.

You can find your install files easily enough.  Open a File Explorer window and search for "graphicscards" without quotes.  It will be in ...\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.  That Sims 3 folder is where the rest of the game data is as well.  Please let me know the full path to that folder, and which packs (EP0x, SP0x) show up inside that folder.

Message 6 of 8 (1,170 Views)

★ Novice

The expansions that are working are installed onto my computer. the two that are not working are not installed by disc. I tried to install them via disc originally, but i guess window 10 doesnt like to work with the discs, and that is why i am here

Message 7 of 8 (1,144 Views)

@BrownLightning96  Okay, but I'm asking if there are any files associated with those two packs within the program files for Sims 3.  Please let me know if you see an EP05 or EP08 folder.  Please also let me know the location of the Sims 3 folder that has the other program files in it, as described earlier.

Message 8 of 8 (1,129 Views)