Re: Have Sims 3 & Pets - After patch 55 seems to have lost Pets install - keeps asking for sims 3 disk

by popingot2k

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Have Sims 3 & Pets - After patch 55 seems to have lost Pets install - keeps asking for sims 3 disk

★ Novice

Had working sims 3 + pets and post patch 55 install now when launching Sims 3 from launcher,

it's asking for sims 3 disk, even though previously it launched sims 3 and checked the sims 3 pets cd in drive and worked ok.

Only differences I can think of are:

- I'm in a different country (on holiday in France)  when I downloaded and patched up via the Sims Launcher. I'm hoping Sims Launcher is country independent and will give you content from your county of install/origin. I wonder if I installed the wrong patch (being connected to internet in france)?

Checking the sims launcher I don't see an active 'pets' icon on the bottom of the launcher.

Checking installed programs I don't see pets. I only see sims 3 (does sims 3 pets addon show up as a separate install?)

Checking Origin (My Games) I can see Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets, but Sims 3 pets when mouse over, it shows last played June 15, played 29 hours

but instead of a play button showing, its shows a download button.

So it looks like somehow the system thinks it no longer has sims 3 pets??

As I have the pets expansion pack cd on me, I'm wondering if I should install sims 3 (again) but worried that it'll cause more

problems to my sims 3 install. (I don't have the sims 3 cd on me though). And also I don't want to mess around with this install in case all the saved games and downloaded content disappears? (any way to protect existing user data before I start trying things?)

System is windows 8..

Anyone else had issues with patch 55 with expansions?

Regards

Popingot2k

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Have Sims 3 & Pets - After patch 55 seems to have lost Pets install - keeps asking for sims 3 disk

★ Novice

** EA Online / Chat help kindly assisted me and resolved issue.

** Resolved by installing/re-insalling  pets 3 expansion - I have a feeling that someone (my kid) accidentally de-installed

it without knowing they did so.. (i.e. clicky.. clicky.. click.. click.. on popups without understanding what they were asking or doing)..

** Closing Post - Issue resolved **

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

** EA Online / Chat help kindly assisted me and resolved issue.

** Resolved by installing/re-insalling  pets 3 expansion - I have a feeling that someone (my kid) accidentally de-installed

it without knowing they did so.. (i.e. clicky.. clicky.. click.. click.. on popups without understanding what they were asking or doing)..

** Closing Post - Issue resolved **

Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)