Re: Fitting to screen

by rumbutter

Original Post

Fitting to screen

★ Novice

Whenever I open the launcher for the Sims 3, the bottom is always cutt of where it tells what version the game is and such. In the actual game, at the create a sim part, the tab that shows the character's first and last name is really long and the bottom part is behind where it shows the picture of the sim and the part where you can use the premade sims. I'm not able to change the muscle size because of that.

Any way to fix this??

Message 1 of 4 (205 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

you might need to set the screen resoultion in the options menu in your game at the three dots launch the sims 3

Click on the 'Options' menu item
 The 'Graphics' tab should be opened by default.
Uncheck the 'Enable Fullscreen Mode' button. this will make the screen smaller for you edit to add what is in bold
Click on the blue Check Mark button on the lower right-hand corner to save changes.

Re-start The Sims 3.

to set the options to your screen size resoloution on the desktop right your monitor screen-option screen resoultion for example mine is 1280x1224 so in the oprtions menu in the game i set the resoultion to that  

Message 2 of 4 (197 Views)

★ Novice

I can't click the arrow in the right hand corner bcause it's cutt of and under the bottom as well.

Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

ok we can try to do this manually close the game then go to the electronics arts/thesims 3 there is a file named options open that search for the resolution  that is in that file then find where it says resolution , resolution for example my  resolution = 1280 1024 60  (the 60 is my refresh rate ) where it says resolution type in your screen resolution and the refresh rate make sure to have the spaces too inbetween the letters etc then close the document it will ask you if you want to save the changes say yes (for good mesaure restart the computer ) launch your game and see how it is )

so for example if your screen resoloution is 980 860  and the refreshrate is 75 you need to do this  980 860 75

Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)