Re: Error with new Installation (and some other issues)

by rumbutter

Original Post

Error with new Installation (and some other issues)

★★★ Newbie

I just purchased a new Sims game, Island Paradise, my new game wont install and saying I have games currently open. I don’t have anything open other than Origin with the new game installing. After several attempts with this result a new error message came up saying I need to log in to update my game. When I do that it says ‘cannot log into Origin’ but I am logged in to Origin.

I am a bit lost as to what to do because I feel like I am following the directions given but can’t seem to win here.

Thank you,

Carrie

Message 1 of 6 (255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now I have an error message telling me to update my game. When I open the launcher to do so I can see it is set to automatically do so. When I hit refresh it says "cannot connect to origin" but I am signed into origin...

I am so confused.

Message 2 of 6 (251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having sort of same issue I bought sims 3 dragon valley and it wont let me install it it says I cant do it at origin I have to go to sims3 webste I do that and it still wont download 

Message 3 of 6 (242 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lunasola1994   when your trying to download the world from the sims 3 does origin open instead ? if so see crins last  post here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Downloading-Sims/m-p/2091153#U2091153

Message 4 of 6 (237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks that worked Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (229 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile great to hear that worked for you Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (198 Views)