Do Sims 3 packs bought on Steam work on Origin?

by Kehribar2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do Sims 3 packs bought on Steam work on Origin?

★★★★ Novice

My apologies if there's a clear answer to this out there somewhere, I couldn't find it. I have the Sims 3 base game and several expansion packs on Origin. I want to buy some other packs on Steam as they're cheaper there, but will the packs I buy on Steam work with my game in Origin? Is there any way to make Steam-bought packs work seamlessly with my Origin games?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Message 1 of 5 (556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do Sims 3 packs bought on Steam work on Origin?

@Kehribar2  What I mean is, if you install the game through Origin, you can't then login to Steam and download your expansion and stuff packs directly through Steam.  You need to register them in Origin and download them through Origin, as in, the app you use to download packs (Origin or Steam) needs to be the same as the app you use for the base game.  You can absolutely download the packs you bought through Steam; you just need to use Origin to do so.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (478 Views)

All Replies

@Kehribar2  Yes, Steam-bought packs work in Origin.  Specifically, you need to register the CD keys Steam provides (one per pack) within Origin or on the old store site ( store.thesims3.com ).  These packs will then show up in your Origin game library just as if you'd bought them directly from Origin.

What doesn't work is trying to download packs from Steam into an Origin install.  And your Origin-bought packs won't work in Steam no matter what you do.

Message 2 of 5 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Wonderful, thanks very much for your answer. My apologies though as I'm a non-native speaker - what do you mean by downloading Steam packs into an Origin install? As in trying to make them work without registering the CD key via Origin first?

Message 3 of 5 (494 Views)

@Kehribar2  What I mean is, if you install the game through Origin, you can't then login to Steam and download your expansion and stuff packs directly through Steam.  You need to register them in Origin and download them through Origin, as in, the app you use to download packs (Origin or Steam) needs to be the same as the app you use for the base game.  You can absolutely download the packs you bought through Steam; you just need to use Origin to do so.

Message 4 of 5 (479 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Oh I see, that makes sense Standard smile Thanks so much for all your help!
Message 5 of 5 (447 Views)