Game suddenly Changes Language?

by 1991lights

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game suddenly Changes Language?

★★★ Newbie

I bought and installed Spore in English several years ago. Played it English, no problem. I stopped playing it about a year and a half ago, but never uninstalled it or did anything to it.

Today I felt like playing it and I opened it....it's all in Korean. 

I live in Korea...but I never installed it in Korean, never played it in Korean...why is it in Korean???

I went to the game settings in Origin, it says it's in English.

Went to Origin's settings...it's also set to English.

Everything says it's in English and yet....I open it up again and it is still in Korean.

How did it suddenly change to Korean without me doing anything?

How can I change it back to English? Do I need to do a full reinstall???

Message 1 of 3 (546 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game suddenly Changes Language?

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply.

After a looooooot of trial and error...the "-locale:en-us" is what worked for me with the ":" in the middle.

I don't know if this is because of some update or difference in PC versions, but I thought I would share my updated findings just in case.

Take Care!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (490 Views)

All Replies

Hi @1991lights 

please jump here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-in-Japanese-language-how-can-I-change/m-p/5142...

"Right-click your Spore shortcut, click Properties, then add " -locale en-us" (without the quotes) to the target. Remember to put a space before the -locale thing. Now when you start Spore, it shall be English".

and change your language

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/How-to-select-the-language-of-Spore/m-p/5337680/high...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 3 (507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply.

After a looooooot of trial and error...the "-locale:en-us" is what worked for me with the ":" in the middle.

I don't know if this is because of some update or difference in PC versions, but I thought I would share my updated findings just in case.

Take Care!

Message 3 of 3 (491 Views)