Sims 4 Crashing/Freezing/Lag, Surface Pro 7

by scalpho

Original Post

Re: Sims freezes immediately after launching

@tadapuppy3  Thanks for the dxdiag.  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue on a Surface Pro 7.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for various ways to fix this.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 64 (588 Views)

Game freezes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've had Sims 4 for a while now and I'm using the ea app and just recently like in January, it just freezes everything to the point my mouse won't move and won't let me click on anything. I have tried to repair the game and restarting and uninstalling and reinstalling and its still doing the same thing I have a windows PC and I don't know what else to do. Please help!

Message 32 of 64 (409 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on title screen - surface pro

★★★ Newbie

Such a simple fixed but it worked! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! 

If you have a Microsoft Surface Pro and Play Sims 4, and run into this issue. HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!

Message 33 of 64 (557 Views)

Re: Game freezes

@AshleeHauver  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know when the game freezes, for example on a loading screen or randomly during gameplay.

Message 34 of 64 (364 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on title screen - surface pro

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If you're crashing or freezing on fullscreen (without mods), would you be willing to share your affected save file(s)?

If so, instructions are here:

https://x.ea.com/74420

Message 35 of 64 (508 Views)

Mouse is stuck

★★★ Novice

I am trying to play sims 4 again but everytime I open the game the mouse cursor is stuck and will not move. Occasionally it will move a few inches for a few seconds but then it gets stuck and i can not get past the home screen. I play on a surface pro 7. I know its not the mouse because im using a new keyboard and it works fine when the game is closed. Also i have tried playing using touch screen and it doesn't work either so i cant use that as a substitute. I have already tried rebooting computer and fixing the game as well as deleting mods but nothing has worked. Can someone help me fix this preferably without having to delete my progress? I'd love to sims again

Message 36 of 64 (525 Views)

Re: Mouse is stuck

@arianator3942  Your issue is different than the one covered in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC/Sims-4-Crashing-Freezing-Lag-Surface-Pro-7/td-p/13439205

But since you have a Surface Pro 7 as well, and the symptoms in the thread were quite varied, please try changing the graphics settings as suggested in post 17 (the one linked in the accepted solution) and let me know whether this helps.

If it doesn't, please try playing in windowed mode.  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, open Options.ini, search for fullscreen , and set it to 0 (zero).

Message 37 of 64 (498 Views)

My Cursor Keeps freezing upon launching my game

★★★ Newbie

The last 24 hours I have tried numerous attempts at fixing my game, with no luck. Below is what I have tried,

Upon launching my game yesterday, I went offline to avoid updating the game. I DO play with mods, and did not want to deal with the issues after the last update. Upon launching, my cursor was simply frozen. I could not move it at all. I had to force exit (ctrl, alt, del). 

Next, I decided to try updating it. However, in doing so, I still had the same freezing issue with the cursor. Force exited again. 

Next I tried repairing the game, deleting all cache from my Sims 4 folder, and relaunching. Still had the same issue. 

So, my next thing was to remove my entire mods folder to my desktop, repairing, and relaunching again. With the same issue. 

I was unaware of deleting cache from the game itself on the app. So, I tried that (HELP, APP recovery, delete cache). Repaired once again. Mods are still on my desktop, not the game. But still have the same problem.

Lastly, I decided to reinstall the game, and reinstalling it. Deleting cache again, repairing, etc. and STILL have the frozen cursor. I now have no idea how to fix this, and I am beyond frustrated. I have never had issues like this before. Please help!

Message 38 of 64 (542 Views)

Re: My Cursor Keeps freezing upon launching my game

★★★ Newbie
@VelociraptorKris i feel you bro hard core L i hate what that happens
Message 39 of 64 (501 Views)

Re: My Cursor Keeps freezing upon launching my game

@VelociraptorKris  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 40 of 64 (488 Views)