Re: Origin won't let me play the Sims 4

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I have the same issues. This is what happens when I try to start my game: 

1: I open origin

2: I go to my TS4 and click the orange play button (I've tried to click the settings button and click ''play'', has not worked)

3: The game icon starts jumping (loading) but then disappears and origin opens up again.

-before I tried out all of this above I deleted all of my old mods and started over to download new mods. Some mods were in the game but the majority was not in the game.

-Ive tried to remove my mods folder/ move it out of the sims4 folder, that worked. But I want to use mods in my gaming.

-I also tried to do the thing the first reply described to do (move modsfolder, remove all cache things and all of that) but that didn't work. None of those things worked. It could be because of the fact that im using a Mac.

I could open my game when there were only about 13-20 mods in. the game. Ive looked for the mods that seemed to disturb the game, I found three (a package including three) so I deleted those and the game started. But then I tried to add more mods back into the game and now I couldn't start it, I tried to find the mods that disturbed the game but it seems like my game now only can handle a few mods. I've been able to play with over 300 mods in my game, but not anymore I guess. 

What do I do? Do I have to get professional help at EA's office or do I just give up and never play this game again. 

I would love some help with this, and hopefully someone can get help from this tooStandard smile) Thanks anyway!

Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

@lenen74 

Mods are used at your own risk. If they are responsible for your game not working don't use them until the creator updates them to make sure they are compatible with the current patch level of the game.

Move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch the game - does it work?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)