Re: build a bundle blank

by gvanhemert

Original Post

build a bundle blank

★ Novice

Hi there. Brand new and trying to download the Sims 4 when I saw there is a build a bundle (BaB) option on Origin. It already seems super shaky (at least for me) because at first the BaB page would load but not let me create an Origin account. Then, after finally making one through EA's site it wouldn't let me sign in. Now that I'm finally in, Origin's BaB page is completely blank!!! Everything else loads and I've tried refreshing, disconnecting my wifi, and opening a new page but it. just. won't. load. I'm kinda at my wits end with Origin and I haven't even started! Not sure if it's even worth it anymore...

As for the original problems, I kept clicking the "Create Account" button but the page wouldn't respond. So I went to "Sign In" figuring it was just lag but it said my email was invalid, so I went back to sign up but then it said THERE WAS ALREADY AN ACCOUNT WITH THE EMAIL AND PASSWORD I WAS TRYING TO USE? Aka my account but it kept telling me the email was invalid (I'm POSITIVE it was correct, I even copied and pasted). 

Message 1 of 4 (431 Views)

@gvanhemert  For the account issue, try entering your email and then clicking "I forgot my password"; you should receive a password reset email.  If not, or if you can't get Origin to work properly, clear your browser cache again, or try a different browser.  Adblockers and popup blockers can sometimes interfere as well.

For the build a bundle issue, you do need a valid account, and I believe it needs to already own a copy of the base game.  (I don't think you can put the base game into the bundle, but I could be wrong.)  I did just load the bundle page, and it's showing properly for me in a Firefox private window.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/build-a-bundle/sims4

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

★ Novice

Tsym. Unfortunately it's still not working and I do not have any adblockers etc installed. I do not have Sims 4 installed yet, but it does say you can bundle it with a single expansion pack, otherwise the bundle is for an expansion pack and a game and stuff pack. Disappointed

Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)

★ Novice

Update: I opened it in Chrome and it works perfectly find. I was using internet explorer before (don't judge me lmao) and I feel like such an idiot for it being so simple. Even though it's dumb that it doesn't work on internet explorer or they should recommend on the site to use chrome, at least I figured it out on my own. Literally been on hold with tech support. thanks for the help! 

Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)