Re: Origin won’t update sims 4

by alessiamichel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won’t update sims 4

★★ Novice

I’m running Origin on my MacBook and lately I haven’t been able to updated sims 4! I’ve tried un installing the game and then installing origin again etc etc. but nothing works. I keep getting an error saying it can’t be downloaded / updated / repaired and that I just check my internet connection and try again later. My internet connection is perfectly fine. EA Help won’t get back to me Frown don’t know what to do I just wana update my game 

Message 1 of 7 (557 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for all the help!! I managed to do the update to High Sierra on my MacBook and it’s all working fine now!! 

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (420 Views)

All Replies

@alessiamichel  What version of macOS do you have?  If you're not sure, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (540 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there! I’m running OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5. I now have a totally different issue because I tried to delete and re download origin and clear caches etc etc. and when I logged back in it says it’s unable to retrieve my list of games Frown can’t download sims at all now! Tried to retrieve it but I need a product code which they said I can find in my confirmation emails but there are no product codes in any of my confirmation emails FrownFrown 

Message 3 of 7 (506 Views)

@alessiamichel  That's unfortunately not surprising—the current version of Origin doesn't work in Yosemite.  You can download a legacy version instead though.  But first, do a clean uninstall to remove all traces of the current version of Origin from your computer.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

You can download the legacy version from here:

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

When installing, be sure to uncheck the box to automatically keep Origin and your games up to date, or else Origin will update itself to the current, nonworking version.

Message 4 of 7 (499 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you so much! I've done a clean uninstall of origin, and tried to download the legacy version like you suggested, but the version is so old that it still says i have no games and it seems to not work properly at all. I've tried other versions and they wont even launch once ive downloaded them Frown why on earth would origin not be compatible with so many computers?? I've spent so much money on these games only to not be able to play them at all.

Message 5 of 7 (460 Views)

@alessiamichel  I'm not sure why the legacy version of Origin isn't working for you; it does work for most people running Yosemite.  Are you sure you've cleaned out all other downloads of Origin (regular and legacy) from your Downloads folder, and you're trying to launch the correct one?  Also, if you've been looking for other legacy versions, you might have found some for Windows instead of macOS.  The two are very different, and you wouldn't be able to run an installer meant for Windows on your Mac.

It's not clear, at least to us, why Origin and Yosemite don't get along.  But if you really can't get any version of Origin to work on your computer, you could try updating to El Capitan.  It's the next OS after Yosemite, and your computer should be able to support it.  If you want to be sure though, you could always call your local Apple store to ask, or else just post your specs here.  This is the information needed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Or you could just wait to see if Origin is fixed for Yosemite.  I honestly have no idea when that will happen, or when there will be another error that breaks Origin for Yosemite users again.

Message 6 of 7 (443 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for all the help!! I managed to do the update to High Sierra on my MacBook and it’s all working fine now!! 

Message 7 of 7 (421 Views)