Re: My computer with Sims 4 installed died.. Can I reinstall?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My computer with Sims 4 installed died.. Can I reinstall?

★★★ Newbie

So...

A few weeks ago my computer that had Sims 4 and origin installed had a internal software issue and died completely. I have to get a new computer and I was curious, will my Sims 4 Game work with a new computer and still save all my Expansions? I don't so much care about my Current game I would rather have my Sims 4 with everything I purchased and have to start over instead of completely losing my purchases. Please help me, thanks!Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (680 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@shelbyandnicole  The Sims 4 base game and packs are registered to your Origin library, not your computer, and you can download and install the content on as many systems as you like.  (You can only play on one computer at a time, of course.)  So just install Origin on your new computer and sign in, and you should see all of your content already in your game library.

Save files are kept locally, as in, on your computer's hard drive, not Origin.  So if you can't get the data off your old system, your saves are gone.  If you can extract the data, all you'd need to do is go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and copy the Saves and Tray folders.  After you launched the game once on your new computer, you could replace the new versions of Saves and Tray with the ones from your old computer, and the content you created would be available again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (656 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@shelbyandnicole  The Sims 4 base game and packs are registered to your Origin library, not your computer, and you can download and install the content on as many systems as you like.  (You can only play on one computer at a time, of course.)  So just install Origin on your new computer and sign in, and you should see all of your content already in your game library.

Save files are kept locally, as in, on your computer's hard drive, not Origin.  So if you can't get the data off your old system, your saves are gone.  If you can extract the data, all you'd need to do is go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and copy the Saves and Tray folders.  After you launched the game once on your new computer, you could replace the new versions of Saves and Tray with the ones from your old computer, and the content you created would be available again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (657 Views)