I want to avoid a big download

by terranz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I want to avoid a big download

★ Novice

I've killed my windows install but my origin games were installed on another disk.  I want to know can I install the origin client and reinstall the games and point to their D drive locations and avoid many GB of downloading.

I've just started playing Battlefront 2 (90GB) and I don't have unlimited data

My steam installation will be easy as I just have to run it from my D drive and it will install what's missing but I don't know what Origin will do

Message 1 of 3 (291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I want to avoid a big download

@terranz  Install Origin, open your game library, right-click on a given game, and select Locate Game.  This works... some of the time; other times Origin crashes.

If you can't get it to work, what you can try is starting the download of a game (pick a different location), pausing it, then copying the game's program files from where they currently are to where you instructed Origin to download them.  Then resume the download, and Origin should just verify and finalize.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (277 Views)

All Replies

@terranz  Install Origin, open your game library, right-click on a given game, and select Locate Game.  This works... some of the time; other times Origin crashes.

If you can't get it to work, what you can try is starting the download of a game (pick a different location), pausing it, then copying the game's program files from where they currently are to where you instructed Origin to download them.  Then resume the download, and Origin should just verify and finalize.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (278 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks.  I'll try that after work when I reinstall windows

Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)