Re: Why can't I add sim to my household?

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Re: The sims 4 freezing on split/ move sim in screen.

★★★★★ Newbie

@Percysmom26 wrote:

Is the sim you're trying to add "not in world"? cause mine wasn't in any world and once I placed him in an actual house and then tried again, it worked. May be a bug that's happening with the not in world sims.

It's happening with any Sim I try to move into my active household.

Message 181 of 228 (582 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Merging households through dialog doesn't proceed

★★★★★ Newbie

No mods, no cheats. Seems to never work for characters Not in World? I quit the game when it freezes, then go to Manage Households to manually transfer the desired Sim into my household.  Unfortunately, I'm playing a Scenario this time, and the love interest (also part of the Scenario) doesn't even show in my Other Households! So I have no idea how to get them together. 

Message 182 of 228 (535 Views)

Why can't I add sim to my household?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I usually don't ask a sim to join my household, but when I do it usually works. But for some reason today it doesn't. When I asked my sim fiance to join my household it opened up the little box where I could transfer money and add a sim to my household. When I transferred the money and added my sim's fiance to my side of the pop-up, for some reason when I clicked on the circle with the check at the bottom right, which is supposed to proceed with the game with the sim in my household where I can now control. Yet, when I clicked on it, it didn't do anything. The pop-up just stayed on my screen. I kept closing and repairing my game: but still nothing. So, I switched my sim to go to her fiance's household and it worked perfectly fine and the pop-up finally disappeared. I exited the game and went back again to see if it would work if I could add my sim's fiance to my sim household: It didn't work. I have 222 packages and 22 scripts and my Sims 4 has worked perfectly fine until now, is there any way to stop this issue?

Expansion Pack That I Own: Get Together, City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, And Seasons. 

Game Packs: Vampires, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, and Outdoor Retreat. 

Stuff Packs: Moschino, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, 

Kits: 0

Message 183 of 228 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Go to Manage Worlds and Manage Sims to move the Sim into your household. It might not be ideal but that seems to usually work.

Message 184 of 228 (499 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

I've updated the first post in this thread with some known steps that may help while this is under investigation.

Thanks!
EACade
Message 185 of 228 (468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade The thread was merged. Where do I find what you've updated?
Message 186 of 228 (426 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @ILoveSims3355,

It's in bold text at the end of the 1st post on page 1. Standard smile
EACade
Message 187 of 228 (420 Views)

★★ Novice

the problem that I  posted about , a week ago is still Happening . No matter what you do ,after you ask a sim to move in or try to get married  . once you choose which household your sims moving in with, the  Screen comes up ,you click it and the Screen just freezes .  Then you have too Restart the whole game . I have tried this with a few  sims .  I have been playing sims since Sims 1 and this has to be the first real problem that I have had .

cheers noddysims

Message 188 of 228 (373 Views)

★★ Novice

also i don't use any modes what so ever.

Cheers noddysims

Message 189 of 228 (372 Views)

★★★★ Guide

For me the issue is: doesn't matter how much I improve my relationship with a Sim, I can't invite them to join my household.

The option to merge household is blacked out/faded.

I haven't tried the merging trough marriage's dialog yet so I don't know if this is the same issue.

Mods deactivated. 

Message 190 of 228 (349 Views)