[NEEDS INFO] [PS/XB] Low FPS in Live Mode (Not Build/Buy Related)

by CarlBoesen

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [PS/XB] Low FPS in Live Mode (Not Build/Buy Related)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I experience the same issue on PC with the latest version, and many versions before it (for at least a year with constant updates). Recently, however, it got to the point where the game is completely unplayable because of this cap on the framerate. No DLC installed.

Message 81 of 91 (1,377 Views)

Re: Sims4 ps4 lagging

★★ Novice

Honestly this is ridiculous. So many games play better than Sims 4 as well as look better. It's 2023, the Sims, of all games, shouldn't lag that badly. The game is pretty much unplayable on PS4 because it takes so long to load and then lags like crazy once loaded.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could have all the packs that I bought on PS4 on my PC as well and play it from there since PS4 is so terrible. But EA won't do that. Money hungry.

Message 82 of 91 (1,334 Views)

Ps4 Sims 4 laggy/slow whole time slow

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

At home we have the ps4 standard edition 500gb

While we are playing the sims 4 the whole game is slow and laggy. The fps are faltering and the loading time is massive long.

We have a lot of dlc's and hope you can fix these problems.

We have tried the clearing catch and rebuilding database but it doesnt help anything.

Kind regards,

Arjantjeuh

Message 83 of 91 (1,367 Views)

Sims 4 slow/laggy ps4

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

At home we have the ps4 standard edition 500gb

While we are playing the sims 4 the whole game is slow and laggy. The fps are faltering and the loading time is massive long.

Building mode goes oké but the actual game is very slow and laggy

We have a lot of dlc's and hope you can fix these problems.

We have tried the clearing catch and rebuilding database but it doesnt help anything.

Kind regards,

Arjantjeuh

Message 84 of 91 (1,252 Views)

Slow & Fast triggers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Idk if it’s just me but I update my game every time I play. Recently I’ve noticed that my games is lagging very bad. When I select pause or fast forward it gets stuck for at least 2-3mins. Honestly it’s making me play waaaay less now especially when playing with a big family everything is glitching & messed up now! PLEASE FIX THIS MY GAMING EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN RUINED!!!! Btw I’m playing on Xbox console!! 

Message 85 of 91 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same here on PC! I have to restart the whole game every time, clear the cache several times and clear the bulletin board so that the FPS calms down again. The trick with the ESC no longer helps and also occurs when I open menus.

Message 86 of 91 (1,058 Views)

Sims 4 low frame rate ps4/5

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 12.34 (I think?) it’s just the most recent update on PlayStation
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost every one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on ps4/5
What happens when the bug occurs? The frame rate drops really low for no reason whatsoever. It will happen in a completely empty lot, and it will happen in a lot that is absolutely full of items. It has been happening for years now, first on my ps4, now on my ps5. It’s not stopped at all, it just happens every time I play.
What do you expect to see? A steady frame rate. Preferably 60fps, but 30fps would do. It would also be nice to get a current gen version so we can have faster load times. Especially because of how long you have to wait to go into another room of your house with this new expansion pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP12: 1.assets.live_console-ep12.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost every one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on ps4/5
What happens when the bug occurs? The frame rate drops really low for no reason whatsoever. It will happen in a completely empty lot, and it will happen in a lot that is absolutely full of items. It has been happening for years now, first on my ps4, now on my ps5. It’s not stopped at all, it just happens every time I play.
What do you expect to see? A steady frame rate. Preferably 60fps, but 30fps would do. It would also be nice to get a current gen version so we can have faster load times. Especially because of how long you have to wait to go into another room of your house with this new expansion pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A 

its just terribly low frame rate.

Message 87 of 91 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here we are, going on two years with laggy gameplay and an insanely low frame rate on this thread. EA? Are you there? 

Message 88 of 91 (718 Views)

Guest sims leaving glitchy movement

★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.2.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a gathering at your house of multiple sims, watch when guests say bye and leave, either at home or on another lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The guest sim leaving will pop out of visibility from the screen and appear further along
What do you expect to see? The guest sims walking animation to be smooth and the sim to not disappear
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since last emergency patch

I have noticed now since the last update, sometimes when you have a gathering at home, or public lot, when a guest sim says bye and starts to leave, they kind of pop out of existing from the screen, and appear further along their path leaving, like its blinking forward, doesn't happen always but enough to notice

Message 89 of 91 (339 Views)

The Recent update has killed my FPS

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? not sure but what ever is the version from the recent update 8/03/24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All But. Poolside splash Grunge revival Basement tressures Bathroom clutter simtimates collection first fits carnival streetwear modern mens wear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a save on the previous update. Put it on the big 64x64 lot in windenburg the one on the main land, no cheats. Live a few days in a hand build hut Save.. Load Make love with other sim have baby but during baby name screen crash out of the game for the update screen via forced update open the sims 4 press resume heavy gitterning with 30fps when moving the camera restart the game load using load menu it gets worse. (I do have the new Jewlery pack installed if thats an issue)
What happens when the bug occurs? When loading after the update previous save are gitterning like your at 5fps when moving the camera when the game is running at 30fps when moving the camera the screen lags almost gitterning, usually opening the save menus fixes it but that doesn't work nor does opening the buy/build mode. you have to keep restarting and loading the game until it opens the save without gitterning.
What do you expect to see? smooth camera movement and easy street gameplay without flashcard slide show. The game runs fine with all packs installed. Even on huge lots. There is minor regular lag but that's expected with 60+ packs. but this camera lag is very heavy for no reason. I have loaded the game after 12-15 tries and it runs smoothly.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the recent update you guys released for the game on console before that it worked fine. please send a reverse-downdate to temporarily fix it.

I don't know how to upload images from xbox.

Message 90 of 91 (372 Views)