Re: ERROR: Could not join server [1]

by Cedar-Canis

Original Post

ERROR: Could not join server [1]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Played mulitplayer fine for an hour this morning, then kept losing my connection with the servers (ERROR: Could not join server [1]). Ping/Packet tests show 14 ping, zero packet loss. Is this just me today?

BTW, tried using the search feature on this forum but it appears to be broken--nothing happens.

**************** SYSTEM SPECS ****************
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz
ASUS X99-A Motherboard
GeForce GTX 780 v359.06
32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
850w Power Supply

Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440

G602 Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse
Logitech G510 USB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Saitek X52 Pro Flight System (throttle & joystick)
Razer Tartarus Gaming Keypad

Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Community Manager

@Cedar-Canis Is the search still out of action for you? We were running some stuff in the background earlier, that might have knocked out the search but it should be working fine again. 

I'd start with a restart of your system and a power cycle of your router if you haven't already, but past this you can see a long list of steps to take in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-quot-Error-Could-not-join-server-1-quot-game-exits-random...

I'd start with the steps towards the bottom of the post, if things were running fine this morning hopefully you don't need to take particularly in-depth action. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the prompt reply. Search is working fine now. Rebooting my PC fixed the server error. Thank you for the link to tips. If this happens again then I'll carry out the suggested fixes.

Thanks again for the support--and an AWESOME game!

Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)