Re: NVIDIA Surround/AMD Eyefinity Support for Titanfall

by AnthonyANI

Original Post

NVIDIA Surround/AMD Eyefinity Support for Titanfall

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't know of a better way to get through to the Respawn developers for Titanfall, but I would like to ask about NVIDIA Surround and AMD Eyefinity tri-monitor support.  The ideas I have for them is to increase the FOV slider cap for better elimination of the fish-eye effect (since FOV is rendered in a linear manner instead of radial?), and to provide a way to scale the HUD to the center monitor so that useful information is far easier to glance at.  I hope this won't be an issue considering PC users can't play with any other platform and PC users are free to adjust such settings, therefore maintaining fairness.  Giving users an option is always the best solution.

If anything, it would be nice for more games to use cylindrical projection instead of fisheye or rectilinear.

Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Re: NVIDIA Surround/AMD Eyefinity Support for Titanfall

★ Novice

I've recently discovered that there is a HUD Margin setting in Titanfall which fixes the in-game HUD going off onto the side monitors of a tri-monitor setup.  However, this does not resolve the issue with the chat, weapon labels, menus, and other game UI from going off onto the side monitors instead of remaining centered on the main/center monitor.  The only other thing I'm asking for is a way to change how the Field of View is projected.  Most games use rectilinear (Titanfall included) which gives a nasty stretched image on the two side monitors causing something far away to appear closer than it really is (look at something on the center monitor, then look at the same thing on a side monitor).  Just giving users an option to change the FOV Projection Type would be excellent for NVIDIA Surround and AMD Eyefinity tri-monitor setups.

Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)