Re: How do I Switch game client language? Odd circumstances

by yahel_1

Original Post

How do I Switch game client language? Odd circumstances

★★★ Newbie

I live in France, however Origin believes I am German. Why?

Well for the one week that I installed Origin my computer was in german. I changed windows 7 for one week just for language learning. Now it's back to english. However origin is still in German. Some games that I got as part of Humble Bundle have also conveniently installed in German with no language options.   I bought these games through a French account.

This is messed up. I can't change anything. Origin's settings are a joke in comparison to STEAM, I can play games in Steam in multiple languages, love it! Go to Origin and it's like being in a prison! Can anyone help, I find it hard to believe that this is what Origin intended. Won't be spending a penny/nickel in Origin until they sort this out.

I'll be on Steam until then, bye!

Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: How do I Switch game client language? Odd circumstances

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

aarmno to change the  language of the game
This is usually automatically chosen based on which language you have selected within your Origin Client and if you would like to play a game in English, make sure you change the client language, prior to attempting to install the game. So if you have already installed it, uninstall, change client language, reinstall.
There is one caveat in that not all purchases made will include all languages.

NOTE  when you buy a game, make sure you do check on the store page which languages will actually be available.

To change the Origin Client interface language...
this can be adjusted within the Origin Client by clicking on "Origin" (top left corner) and then choosing "Application Settings". Now on the next window, the "General" tab will be pre-selected and you will the option to change the Origin Client language under the first drop down menu on the right hand side. Once you have chosen your desired language, Origin will have to restart.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)