Re: Can't invite friends, "Origin overlay disabled"

by maelstromboni

Original Post

Can't invite friends, "Origin overlay disabled"

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, I've gotten back into this great game recently and a buddy of mine picked it up as well. The frustrating thing is that I cannot invite him to my game by selecting the "Invite friends" option in the multiplayer menu, it just pops up and says "Origin overlay is disabled", even though I have it enabled in the origin options. I've tried running as admin, looking through Origin/Game options, and making sure my firewall isn't messing with it. I can't find a solution, does anyone know? As far as my previous internet research goes, this has been a known problem since 2018 (Considering a year has passed and Respawn/EA hasn't fixed it, I'm not very impressed).

Message 1 of 6 (2,555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here ever since the update SHIFT F1 DOWN , INVITES DOWN

Message 2 of 6 (2,539 Views)

★ Novice

Same here! I can't invite any friends, can't open the overlay, can't even use the in-game chat and I can't use the in-game store. Even the "invite Network" button does nothing.

Message 3 of 6 (2,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I kinda find the way to fix it by creating a private match and when the host leaves the room then the other will leave with you as a party.

(I just play this game for like 1 day, so am not sure there is the other way to do it but this should do it for now)

Example

1. Have one player create a private match

2. Then let everyone join your game

3. Host press Esc and leave the room

4. And then you should see you and your friend in the party together

I hope this will help with your problem and sorry for bad english Wink

Message 4 of 6 (2,496 Views)

★ Novice

Go to contact us, It happend to me too, but it was fixed

Message 5 of 6 (2,485 Views)