Re: Missing Sims 3 Expansion Pack!!

by MisssAj

Original Post

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

For all of you having the issue with Origin still allowing to download the packs but them not appearing on the launcher: you could try to use the Origin Beta version. To do so, go to Application settings > Application tab and select 'Participate in Origin client betas'.

Please, let me know if the issue is still happening in the Origin beta.

Thank you,

-Mai

Message 211 of 287 (2,398 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I called to have them "flip a switch" or whatever they need to do to enable me to buy the gamepacks they blocked that I purchased from eBay. The person I talked to said she would file my claim. EA emailed my response. How am I supposed to buy my games when they will not allow me to buy them? The first message they sent said o needed to buy them from an authorized seller, the second message said I had to contact my retailer. Well, I have no clue how to buy my gamepacks when my Origin says I own them, and EA is telling me I have to re-buy them. It is extremely frustrating! I tried to purchase as a gift for myself, but it says I'm not eligible!
Any help or ideas would be appreciated!!
Message 212 of 287 (2,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

MIsssAJ,

Did u submit ticket via the purchases history on G2A? I flagged my transaction from April (Ambitions expansion) and created a ticket under Invalid Key category. In two days I had money back and apologies from G2A.

Message 213 of 287 (2,364 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Shannon4J,

Apologies for the confusion.

Could you please try purchasing the packs using the Origin Beta client? Instructions in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-expansions-missing/m-p/6128394/highlight/true#M223661

Let us know how you get on.
EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 214 of 287 (2,333 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mage,

Thank you for trying to help. I tried Beta client and it still shows up as me owning them and I tried to purchase as a gift for myself and it says I'm ineligible. Frown
Message 215 of 287 (2,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mage,

This issue is still happening in Origin even though I purchased the games through ebay. I am trying to contact EA support but when I go to live chat it says page cannot be found. See screenshot. Also I have purchased the games through steam. Would EA remove the games if I port the steam codes to Origin?

Message 216 of 287 (2,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry if this is a little late sekiq84. But G2A just sent me an email and they're giving me a refund... I'm not sure it will change anything, i really don't care for the refund but its great they did that, but i don't think my game will be fixed

Message 217 of 287 (2,295 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
EA says Steam is an authorized seller. So, if I buy my packs through Steam and redeem the codes through Origin, will I be able to use the codes, even though Origin says I own them already? Also, I'm assuming I would have to uninstall and delete the gamepacks before purchasing from Steam. I have kept them installed in hopes of Origin re-instating them, it does not look as though that will happen. Steam is having a 75% off sale so I thought I would see if that would get me my 9 packs back!! Standard smile
Message 218 of 287 (2,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
For helping anyone else that has been plagued with this nightmare! I was able to take advantage of Steam's 75% off sale and grab every expansion pack that EA blocked!! I just bought them from Steam (including the base game that you have to buy, but not necessarily install, to buy expansion and stuff packs ). I just redeemed the codes in Origin, and didn't even have to uninstall the games, the codes re-activated them! I'm not happy that I had to buy them twice, but I'm happy to be able to use my game saves again! And what a great sale to take advantage of for anyone that needs any games!!! Hope this helps!!!
Message 219 of 287 (2,226 Views)

Re: Ambitions and World Adventure Not Showing up in Launcher

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Refer to here the accepted solution will work:The link is here

Message 220 of 287 (2,215 Views)