Origin doesnt recognise that I have 8 Sims3 expansion packs installed.

by JamJammz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin doesnt recognise that I have 8 Sims3 expansion packs installed.

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so problem number 1 began with origin not recognising that I have Sims 3 expansions installed. I've had to uninstall and reinstall my Sims games so many times its just stupid. I paid a lot of money to get these games and I constantly have to spend ages getting them back up and going so I can use them once or twice before they uninstall themselves. They are actually installed, my computer says they are but they won't appear in origin and every time I tried to start them up, they go to origin. WHYYYY? I hate spending a lot of money on something that doesn't work >:/ and on top of that, when I try to contact EA, it says there's a 5 min wait time on live chat... I waited 20 minutes and still no one has responded. I have tried to use the live chat a couple of other times and I remember waiting an hour before giving up. Does anyone actually work for EA? So I try to call on the 1800 number. It says "Open between 9am and 6pm Monday to Saturday". I called at 1:30pm and it said "All of our customer support lines are currently closed, please try again later". I am so not happy EA, I expect more from you. I would like my Sims problem solved please so I don't have to continually reinstall my Sims. Nothing worse than wanting to play the game you've owned for ages only to find you have to re-download everything and you've lost all your saved data.

Message 1 of 4 (761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin doesnt recognise that I have 8 Sims3 expansion packs installed.

Hero (Retired)

@JamJammz hi there

Please look here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-New-Origin-Layout-for-The-Sims-3-Expansion-Packs/m-p/4641393...

Let me know if this helps! Accept a solution if your problem is solved!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (831 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@JamJammz hi there

Please look here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-New-Origin-Layout-for-The-Sims-3-Expansion-Packs/m-p/4641393...

Let me know if this helps! Accept a solution if your problem is solved!

Message 2 of 4 (832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it did solve me finding my expansions, however it actually has happened in the past many times where I've had to re-install. Thanks for letting me know and getting back to me as all other avenues I tried failed.

Message 3 of 4 (742 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JamJammz great to hear. Happy simming!

Message 4 of 4 (732 Views)