[MAC] Expansion pack not showing up

by Godessaxxz

Original Post

[MAC] Expansion pack not showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the sims 3 base game, Generations, World Adventures, Late night, and High - End Loft Stuff. Today i just got Island Paradise and for some reason it is not showing up on my game. All the others but just island paradise is not. 

Message 1 of 11 (3,392 Views)

Re: Expansion pack not showing up

★★★ Newbie

I have kind of the same problem. I have installed and previously played Ambitions expansion pack, but for some reason it's not showing up, or allowing me to reinstall it on my computer. 

Message 2 of 11 (3,379 Views)

Hero (Retired)

have you tried log out of orign and log back in ? are you logging into the right account if you have more than one account ? if you have two different accounts and the game is showing up in the other account contact CS to assist with mergeing the accounts

make sure orign is up to date roght clcik orign-open if there is an up date it will let you know let the update finish relaunch orign and check your my games tab

The Game does not show up in Origin to download

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 3 of 11 (3,370 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem is that its showing up on my Origin but for some reason it just doesn't wanna play. I try on my Mac and look for a different volume or application place but i cant find anywhere?

Message 4 of 11 (3,365 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Godessaxxz wrote:

The problem is that its showing up on my Origin but for some reason it just doesn't wanna play. I try on my Mac and look for a different volume or application place but i cant find anywhere?

AHH i see i'm not a mac player , i'll post this in the helpers corner to see if our mac player/helper can assist you

Message 5 of 11 (3,358 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Godessaxxz wrote:

Hi

To clarify, you downloaded and installed the game from Origin but it doesn't actually seem to be installed?

Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

There are two things you can try.

1.Go into Applications on your Mac's hard drive and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

2. Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

Caspin

Message 6 of 11 (3,351 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, Today i have got lots of help from you and EA for example Deleting some Caches and Re-Downloading my game but for some reason. It still does not want to work :\

I have tried millions of times to redownload Island Paradise but it is still not working. Idk what is going on.. 

Message 7 of 11 (3,346 Views)

[MAC] Expansion Still won't work..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, Today i have done all the steps of deleting caches and re-downloading the game of Island Paradise so i can play the game, but for some reason Island Paradise still does not show up on my Sims 3 Launcher! 

Reason: The reason why i am trying to get my Island Paradise to work again is because it will not show up on my launcher but will show every where else that i have the game. 

Type of Computer: I own a MAC OS X

Message 8 of 11 (3,352 Views)

Re: [MAC] Expansion Still won't work..

Champion (Retired)

@Godessaxxz wrote:

Hello, Today i have done all the steps of deleting caches and re-downloading the game of Island Paradise so i can play the game, but for some reason Island Paradise still does not show up on my Sims 3 Launcher! 

Reason: The reason why i am trying to get my Island Paradise to work again is because it will not show up on my launcher but will show every where else that i have the game. 

Type of Computer: I own a MAC OS X

Hi

When you look in Applications on your Mac's hard drive, inside the folder called 'The Sims 3' you should see shortcut icons for the base game and all of the expansions that you have installed. Does the icon Island Paradise appear there?

Caspin

Message 9 of 11 (3,325 Views)

Re: [MAC] Expansion Still won't work..

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem with Late Night. No there is no shortcut in The Sims 3 folder. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this problem....

The whole point is it looks like it downloaded and installed properly. Then, the shortcut is missing and when I try to play the game, because of the problem with Late Night only, it causes the whole game not to work...

Message 10 of 11 (3,009 Views)