Re: Can't log in to download CAW

by thesims1depot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't log in to download CAW

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have to redownload Create a World but I can't. The prompt that comes up keeps complaining that I'm entering the wrong login information when I'm clearly not.

I tried accessing the CAW page through both IE, FF and Chrome and it doesn't work, either.

I also tried logging in to the Sims 3 site itself. What happens is that I am able to log into my account fine. But then when I try to access the Create a World page from the menu (Games>Tools>Create a World), I get completely logged out of the site again and am forced to enter my login info. Then the same thing happens. I enter my login details and get told that my details are invalid. 

What now?

Message 1 of 10 (786 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@roberta591 wrote:

@thesims1depot  @m0ssr0t  I have a Windows 10 computer with Origin but The Sims 3 game is not installed. I am able to log in to thesims3.com - go to games/tools - create of world - agree to the EULA - and am able to download the CAW version 1.69 installer. This downloads to the download folder indicated by my browser as an .exe file. I'm guessing you have an operating system issue rather then a game issue. As you have tried different browsers something may be blocking the download. What antivirus are you using? Is there enough free space on the system device (usually where the browser downloads to)? ts3caw.exe is 175,894 Kb in size so it is not a very large file. Does your user have administrator rights to download the file and access the download folder? Do you have cookies enabled in your browsers?

I figured out what happened, and you'll never believe what caused all this!

I did a little searching at my ISP's forums and learned about something I had never heard of before, something super obscure called a "BOGON list."  Apparently, when my router got knocked offline Saturday, I got a brand new IP address when it reconnected. But it was put on this list. To fix the issue, I had to power off my router for a few hours and then turn it back on to get a new IP address. Well, as of this morning, everything is back to normal. I am able to log into the site and download CAW and everything.

Here is the thread I found that talks about all this: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Verizon-FIOS-blocks-some-sites-Can-you-see-these-sites/t...

In any event, thanks, @EA_Mai and @roberta591 for your extreme patience (and I do mean patience!) in helping me to resolve this very puzzling issue. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (736 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @thesims1depot,

This is a strange situation, I am not asked to log in when I go to Games > Tools > Create a world. Is going into http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world what you tried the first time? Do you have The Sims 3 base game in the same EA account you are trying to log in with?

If you have another computer, could you try to start the download from there?

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Mai wrote:

Hi @thesims1depot,

This is a strange situation, I am not asked to log in when I go to Games > Tools > Create a world. Is going into http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world what you tried the first time? Do you have The Sims 3 base game in the same EA account you are trying to log in with?

If you have another computer, could you try to start the download from there?

-Mai

This is exactly what I've tried.

1. I go to the CAW page directly. I click on the "accept terms" box, then I select the version of CAW that I want, click download, then get the prompt. I enter my details directly and get an "invalid login information" error.

2. I go to the Sims 3 home page. I am able to log in, see my account fine. I navigate to Games>Tools>Create a World. I get completely logged out.

I am using the exact same base game. The only thing that's changed is that I reinstalled everything using Origin instead of the original disk that I bought in 2011.

I don't have two separate accounts or two different versions of the game or anything. It's the same account I've always had since the beginning. But for some reason, I can log into some parts of the Sims site with my login credentials but I can't in other parts of the site.

I've tried this with three different browsers and my laptop and I still get the prompt to log in, as well as the "invalid" error when I enter my password at the prompt.

I even went so far as to click the "I forgot my password" link to see what would happen, and what happens is that I am instantly sent to and logged into my EA Customer Portal account. So I don't even get a message that a new password has been sent to my email and yadda yadda yadda. I just get sent to EA customer portal. 

Message 3 of 10 (758 Views)

★ Novice

this is the exact problem I have been having

for a month and a half, can't log in anywhere but the launcher

if someone could figure this out asap...i'd be blessed.

Message 4 of 10 (745 Views)

EA app Team

Hi again,

@thesims1depot Could you try to log in from the Home page, selecting the option to 'Keep me logged in', and then try to go to Games > Tools > Create a world? Let us know if it's still asking you to log in again.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation of the problem!

@m0ssr0t If you cannot log in at all anywhere but the launcher, I don't think the issue is exactly the same. Were you able to log into Answers HQ with the same account you are using to try to log into thesims3.com? Or are you using a different account here?

Thanks,

Mai

Message 5 of 10 (734 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Mai wrote:

Hi again,

@thesims1depot Could you try to log in from the Home page, selecting the option to 'Keep me logged in', and then try to go to Games > Tools > Create a world? Let us know if it's still asking you to log in again.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation of the problem!

Thanks,

Mai

@EA_Mai 

Hi!

Yes, I did what you suggested. I can't stay logged in no matter what. The site instantly logs me out even though I choose "keep me logged in."

I even decided to see if I could trick the site by using Chrome in incognito mode. It didn't work.

Message 6 of 10 (720 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thesims1depot  @m0ssr0t  I have a Windows 10 computer with Origin but The Sims 3 game is not installed. I am able to log in to thesims3.com - go to games/tools - create of world - agree to the EULA - and am able to download the CAW version 1.69 installer. This downloads to the download folder indicated by my browser as an .exe file. I'm guessing you have an operating system issue rather then a game issue. As you have tried different browsers something may be blocking the download. What antivirus are you using? Is there enough free space on the system device (usually where the browser downloads to)? ts3caw.exe is 175,894 Kb in size so it is not a very large file. Does your user have administrator rights to download the file and access the download folder? Do you have cookies enabled in your browsers?

Message 7 of 10 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@roberta591 wrote:

I figured out what happened, and you'll never believe what caused all this!

I did a little searching at my ISP's forums and learned about something I had never heard of before, something super obscure called a "BOGON list."  Apparently, when my router got knocked offline Saturday, I got a brand new IP address when it reconnected. But it was put on this list. To fix the issue, I had to power off my router for a few hours and then turn it back on to get a new IP address. Well, as of this morning, everything is back to normal. I am able to log into the site and download CAW and everything.

Here is the thread I found that talks about all this: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Verizon-FIOS-blocks-some-sites-Can-you-see-these-sites/t...

In any event, thanks, @EA_Mai and @roberta591 for your extreme patience (and I do mean patience!) in helping me to resolve this very puzzling issue. 

Message 8 of 10 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There was no mention of BOGON on my isp's site which is BT but i did notice that my ip address was totally different  from what i normally have, it started with 5 and not 86 or 89 which i normally have. So i unplugged from the wall and powered down the modem and router for 10 mins. Started it all back up and my ip address changed to what i normally have and that worked, i can now log on in the launcher.

Thanks for finding that info, because i could not find anything no matter what i googled.

Message 9 of 10 (638 Views)

★ Guide

@Aberdonianman

I am glad my suggestion to check this thread out since you tried all the other options and nothing worked. @thesims1depot had the same log in issue and tried many things that had been suggested, plus tried numerous other things, to no avail either. So I was hoping all of  thesims1depot researching and the fix that  thesims1depot  finally found would help you too.

You should let the others know that were trying to help on the other thread that @thesims1depot fix worked for you. Plus it could help other simmers with the same log in issue.

Happy Sim'im :eahigh_file: 

Message 10 of 10 (618 Views)