game wont launch

by RACH1821

Original Post

game wont launch

★★★ Newbie

I bought Sims 3 maybe last week and I've played it probably once for like a half an hour and then it just quit on me. The game wont load, the farthest it'll get is the purple window with the sims logo on it before it actually launches the game. I always have to force quit the game because if I regularly quit it, it won't quit.  Also if I force quit it then I have to restart my laptop because whenever I try to reopen the game it says I cant play because the game is already running when it isn't. I've also uninstalled the game once hoping when I re downloaded it, the game would work properly but it has not. Now in the process of uninstalling it again but now the uninstaller won't work and I'm forced to force quit that.

Message 1 of 5 (249 Views)

Re: game wont launch

Community Manager (retired)

@RACH1821

So this is either a hardware or a software problem. A DXDiag will help us find out which it is. Standard smile

To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, please follow the steps below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

64-bit Users will notice the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button in the bottom-left next to "Help" and should click it once it becomes available.  32-bit Users will not have this as a visible option.

Once you have an open DXDIAG report, there are several pieces of information that are especially helpful in pinpointing the cause of game performance issues:

• The main page of the DXIDAG is the System tab. On the System tab, make a note of what is written next to Operating System, Processor, and Memory. Those three pieces of information are the key components of the System tab.

• Next, click on the Display tab. On the Display tab (seen in the screenshot below) please note the information written next to the word Name. Finally, on the right-hand side of the Display tab is a Drivers heading. Please note what is written next to the word Date.

If you have any trouble reading the DXDIAG file yourself, you can save all the DXDIAG info as a text file and send it to an EA advisor for more assistance.

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible, then go to hastebin.com and copy the contents of the file.

9. Give us the link of the paste in a reply to this thread. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 5 (204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this exact same problem, except on a Mac. I've been able to successfully play the game for countless hours. Today I loaded the eps through origin and now I can't launch the game at all
Message 3 of 5 (199 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ZStecewicz please make a separate thread and provide all details about your issue

Message 4 of 5 (195 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ZStecewicz

Also make sure to add a "[Mac]" tag to your thread so that our Mac helpers know which platform you play on! Wink

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)