Two different Origin IDs Registration and Setup

by StacyDempsey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Two different Origin IDs Registration and Setup

★★★ Newbie

My daughter had a very old copy of sims 3 and sims 3 pets.  She got a new laptop for Christmas and we have a couple of problems.

1. Could not find the registration key for either The Sims 3 base or Pets expansion.  I repurchased the Sims 3 online and downloaded so she would have an updated version and new valid key.  Is there a way to retrieve the Sims 3 Pets registration key without knowing what the original email we used to register it?  It is not showing up on my EA games online account.

2.  After I bought and reinstalled via download the new copy of Sims 3 (via my origin login),  she logged into her origin id using her email address and registered her new Seasons and Showtime expansions to her account. So now her account has two expansions registered to it - but no base Sims 3.  Is this going to cause her problems?  Is there a way to transfer all of them onto just her account?

Thanks for any help.  I am not a Sims Player - and she is only 15 and new to the online community so not really 100% sure what we are doing.

Message 1 of 2 (253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Two different Origin IDs Registration and Setup

Community Manager

Hi stacydempsey,

Your daughter will need the base game on her account to be able to play the expansions. To get this sorted, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone, chat or email as contact option.

Thanks,
Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)

All Replies

Re: Two different Origin IDs Registration and Setup

Community Manager

Hi stacydempsey,

Your daughter will need the base game on her account to be able to play the expansions. To get this sorted, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone, chat or email as contact option.

Thanks,
Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (242 Views)