Sims 3 Island Paradise Not Working

by becstar_1991

Original Post

Sims 3 Island Paradise Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I downloaded the sims 3 island paradise off the origin website installed it all fine, now when I try to go play the game it won't start unless I update, I try and skip the update and the game wont even open. So i try to update it and it won't work at all I have tried two different internet lines which are both working fine! I have no idea what to do. I don't want to uninstall my game and not put island paradise back on because i will then lose all my saved files. PS I HAVE A MAC

HELPPPPPP111

Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise Not Working

★★ Novice

If you haven't run the game with IP installed (e.g. actually opened a save file with it), then you should still be able to backup your save files to re-use in the event you do need to reinstall. You might get a pop-up message when you  first open a save, but it won't actually affect the game itself. Most folks recommend  backing up your saves every time you install a new expansion, just in case something goes wrong Standard smile

As for the update, you typically can't run a new expansion without installing the corresponding update. If you're unable to update via the launcher, I suggest using a manual update. You can find links to 1.67 for Mac here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)