Sim's 3 Crashing

by nkargol

Original Post

Sim's 3 Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My Sim's 3 keeps crashing on my new laptop. It worked for a month or so and them kept closing down during game play. I unistalled them and then reinstalled them and that worked for a month or two but then started again. Now the game will hardly even start and when it does I can't save games or go back to already saved games.  It comes up with Error 16 when I try to save. 

Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: Sim's 3 Crashing

★ Novice

I had this problem too, and couldn't figure out why, but I think I have now. If you have been playing on a family for a long time, then it can start to play up because it takes up a lot of memory. The best thing to do is start a new family, however, if you really want to carry on with the family you are on at the moment, I reccomend what I did. If your family has no ties to the town it is in, then copy the family to your library, it will keep everything about the family, including jobs, and then go to the main menu, start a new town, and move in your sims. The game will be brand new, and should work, but it's with the same people! Hope this helps! x

Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)