Sim disappered

by CaribbeanBrezze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim disappered

★★ Novice

I was playing my sim family and everything was good. I log off for the night and come back the next day to find out that one of my sims have disappeared. His box is gone but apparently he still lives, because he still shows up in the relationship bar and in the family tree. I tried resetting him but he is still gone, and I've tried calling him but nothing is working. Whenever I check if he's still in the family it says he is... 

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim disappered

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

you can try one these

1  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and start a new game to see if all is well with them

2  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and  in the top left will be your family like a  clipboard image  delete that then place the saved copy of the family from the library back into the lot  

3 go to the electronicsarts/thesims 3 saves folder find the .backup save of that game copy and save it to the desktop then rename that one to something simple like Test.sims3 (might be hard to see but there's a dot in between the Test and sims 3 )copy that back to your saves folder launch and see if all is well

edit typo

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

you can try one these

1  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and start a new game to see if all is well with them

2  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and  in the top left will be your family like a  clipboard image  delete that then place the saved copy of the family from the library back into the lot  

3 go to the electronicsarts/thesims 3 saves folder find the .backup save of that game copy and save it to the desktop then rename that one to something simple like Test.sims3 (might be hard to see but there's a dot in between the Test and sims 3 )copy that back to your saves folder launch and see if all is well

edit typo

Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked thanks! :D

Message 3 of 4 (245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (235 Views)